Thread: Help with questions with the Sirius

1. Default Help with questions with the Sirius

I have had my unit for a couple of weeks and so far really love it. I`m using for relaxation and stress relief. I find that I have eye fatigue when using am I doing something wrong? I use 2 times a day, any tips would be appreciated! I have all the glasses, any certain colors do better?

Cool Re: Help with questions with the Sirius

Quote Originally Posted by rosevillegirl View Post
    I find that I have eye fatigue when using am I doing something wrong? I use 2 times a day, any tips would be appreciated! I have all the glasses, any certain colors do better?
    Welcome,

If you are experiencing eye fatigue, it is very common for first time users. Lower the light intensity. When I first started with the Sirius, I had the intensity set way to high and experienced eye fatigue. A little bit of light gets the job done. Although, many folks like wilder visuals with increased intensity. Your eyes should adjust the more you use the Sirius and allow you to use a higher setting after time. As each person is different, you eyes will let you know if the light level is too much. Enjoy.

- Jim

3. Default Re: Help with questions with the Sirius

Would like to know if your eyes are closed how come you can see the images and lights? And why do your eyes get tired? Just been using a few weeks and really love so far the results!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Help with questions with the Sirius

Would like to know if your eyes are closed how come you can see the images and lights? And why do your eyes get tired? Just been using a few weeks and really love so far the results!
    You see lights and images through your closed eyes because your eye lids are quite thin and so light can be perceived through them. Your eyes & brain perceive patterns in the way the lights flicker on and off. Why we perceive patterns, I don't know. Good question.

The eyes may get tired from the strain of "looking" too hard at the patterns. It may be a symptom that tells you that you need to relax more and instead of trying to focus on something, just sit back and observe what your are experiencing. Does that make sense?

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

5. Default Re: Help with questions with the Sirius

This whole experience is so new to me, I guess I`m so facinated by all the different designs I see and images. About how long to get really good at relaxing and getting the most from benefits from this system? I do also really enjoy the pre-programmed sessions which I play different meditation cd`s.

Blog Entries

This whole experience is so new to me, I guess I`m so facinated by all the different designs I see and images. About how long to get really good at relaxing and getting the most from benefits from this system? I do also really enjoy the pre-programmed sessions which I play different meditation cd`s.
    I really enjoy watching the lights and patterns as well. I often put my Proteus on an "entertainment" program, hook up my music to my headphones and play something like Pink Floyd and enjoy the trip. Just for the sake of enjoyment.

I haven't used the Sirius much. Being a distributor, I have access to all the products and like the Proteus and Procyon much better. I like having the variety of light patterns.

Having said that, I'm really pleased to hear that you are getting so much out of your Sirius. It is a good, solid machine. Hey, here's something, I was the one who named the Sirius.

M.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

7. Default Re: Help with questions with the Sirius

Thats great! Why do you find the Proteus better? You mention the lights, is there a difference? With my unit I find the flashing tends to bother my eyes but hope this stops with time.Are there people who can never adjust? Just wondering.

Blog Entries

Thats great! Why do you find the Proteus better? You mention the lights, is there a difference? With my unit I find the flashing tends to bother my eyes but hope this stops with time.Are there people who can never adjust? Just wondering.
    I think it's personal preference. My first machine was a Proteus and that is the standard I got use to.

If you find the lights bother your eyes, you may want to turn the brightness down and if it still bothers your eyes, you may want to purchase a set of blue LED light frames. Blue is the easiest on light sensitive eyes.

M.

Thread Information