Thread: Huntington's

1. Default Huntington's

Hello

Does anyone know if light and sound stimulation is good for people with Huntington's disease? It would seem to me that it would be. Are there any risk for people with Huntington's to have seizures?

Thank's
    Charlotte

Blog Entries

Default Re: Huntington's

Quote Originally Posted by NeuroGardenGoddess View Post
    Hello

Does anyone know if light and sound stimulation is good for people with Huntington's disease? It would seem to me that it would be. Are there any risk for people with Huntington's to have seizures?

Thank's
    Charlotte
    Hi Charlotte,

If I'm correct, Huntington's disease is a genetic disease where the brain's neurons degenerate.

I doubt there have been in studies to see if L&S would be helpful to a person with this condition. If anything, the machine could help the person with relaxation and possibly with concentration.

In the case of anyone with any kind of brain injury or disease that affects the brain, it's important that they get the okay from their neurologist before using the machine. If there is risk of seizure, it's especially important that they check with their doctor first or have a L&S session with a medical person present.

In many cases the machines can be helpful with all kinds of ailments - however - we want to also be careful about making any medical claims because we do not sell them as "medical devices" but tools for relaxation and mind enhancement.

Thread Information