Thread: painting finish on proteus console coming off!!

1. Default painting finish on proteus console coming off!!

1/09/09

Hello,

I bought my Proteus system in June of 2008. About a month ago, I noticed that there are several spots on the Proteus control console where the silver painted finish has "flaked" off, revealing the whitish plastic casing underneath (also, the red painted finish on the console has flaked off in a few places). I assume that this is nothing to serious to be concerned about(?). It's not indicative of more serioius defects, is it(?) The Proteus still functions perfectly. Please respond back and let me know if I should be at all concerned about this . Thank you.

Blog Entries

Default Re: painting finish on proteus console coming off!!

Hello;

I don't think it's anything to be concerned about, it's just cosmetic after all, but it's not something I've heard of happening before.

-Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by oneironaut View Post
    1/09/09

Hello,

I bought my Proteus system in June of 2008. About a month ago, I noticed that there are several spots on the Proteus control console where the silver painted finish has "flaked" off, revealing the whitish plastic casing underneath (also, the red painted finish on the console has flaked off in a few places). I assume that this is nothing to serious to be concerned about(?). It's not indicative of more serioius defects, is it(?) The Proteus still functions perfectly. Please respond back and let me know if I should be at all concerned about this . Thank you.

I've had my Proteus system for over 6 years and it still looks and works like new. Also, my Proteus has a red control console and a light green body (same as pictures of the Proteus in all the ads I've seen). Yours is a silver colour?

How are you cleaning your unit? I just use a damp cloth. If you use window cleaners (or solvents) you may craze the plastic finish.

Glad to hear it still works fine, that's the main thing.

Cheers,
    TomC

Blog Entries

Your Proteus is still under warranty so you could contact the person you bought the Proteus from and get a new console. The paint shouldn't chip off them.

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information