Thread: Procyon or iLghtz Pro Hmmm anybody help

1. Default Procyon or iLghtz Pro Hmmm anybody help

Hi All,

I'm looking to get some advice from anybody who has used mind gear iLightz Pro and what it is like compared to the Procyon. Its the glasses that intrigue me. iLightz say they can do white using their color matrix glasses can the color leds on the Procyon do this?..... they both appear to use RGB (red green and blue) so whats the difference in the glasses?.... loved to know!

I pretty much sold on the Procyon due to it being available in the uk and having great support network like this forum.

I'm a counsellor and hypnotherapist looking to use an AVS unit with my clients.

SO I love some advice on comparisons between the Procyon and the iLightz Pro...

Thanks

Blog Entries

Default Re: Procyon or iLghtz Pro Hmmm anybody help

Hi Tony & Welcome!

The MP forums are really for support for MP products and are not supposed to be a place to discuss competitor's products. Sorry.

-Andy.

Tony,

In trying to keep within Andy's forum guidlines, I can only say that looked into those Mine Gear units recently and ended up buying a MindPlace Procyon. I also have a MindPlace Proteus (+6 years now) and a ThoughtStream (+5 years). Both of these units still work great.

One of the selling points for me was this friendly and informative MindPlace forum. I could not find one for Mind Gear products (not saying there isn't any, but I could not find one).

I only use these 3 MindPlace systems for my own personal use so I cannot comment on which one is best for professional use. It's probably best to talk to a few local professionals and see what they are using. Just my opinion but I think that the Proteus system is the easiest to start with, but heck, maybe buy all 3 (Procyon, Proteus, and ThoughtStream) and try them out yourself!

Good luck and best cheers,
    TomC

4. Default Re: Procyon or iLghtz Pro Hmmm anybody help

Hi Andy,

Totally understand your comments about comparing units.....

Just want to add that I have contacted a number of suppliers with the some question and they all recommended the Procyon great feedback.

On the strength of Tom comments (thanks ) and the great support supplied by you guys I've now purchased a Procyon .

Big Cheers

Tony

Blog Entries

Excellent! Enjoy your new toy.

-Andy.

6. Default Re: Procyon or iLghtz Pro Hmmm anybody help

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Hi Tony & Welcome!

The MP forums are really for support for MP products and are not supposed to be a place to discuss competitor's products. Sorry.

-Andy.
    I understand you want to focus on your products, but not discussing others is like avoiding debate. Many of us who are thinking about buying a system would like to know the pros and cons before putting down close to $300.

If you stand behind your product, why not not educate us on the differences?

Kevin

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by colorado_shiva View Post
    I understand you want to focus on your products, but not discussing others is like avoiding debate. Many of us who are thinking about buying a system would like to know the pros and cons before putting down close to $300.

If you stand behind your product, why not not educate us on the differences?

Kevin
    Hi Kevin;

That simply is the policy.

There may be a public forum somewhere for discussing the pros and cons of all the various products out there, but this forum is owned and run by MindPlace for the technical support of their products, and general discussions on AVS and the Mind.
    It would be unfair to discuss products from other manufacturers without having the manufacturer involved to get the real facts. It simply is not going to happen on this forum.
    I hope you understand and respect our policy.

If you have any specific questions regarding any of the Mindplace products, I'm sure you can get answers to those questions here. Other manufacturers will have information on their products on their web sites.

-Andy.

Thread Information