Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any news about the PreSage?

Default Any news about the PreSage?

After I purchased my Procyon I have been holding out on buying a biofeedback device since the perfect companion to it would of course be the PreSage. Now I have been using the Procyon to improve certain aspects about me, but I believe I would benefit immensely from using a biofeedback device in conjunction with my Procyon. So after waiting for so long I have started to consider purchasing a biofeedback device now and trade the convenience of a system designed to interact with the Procyon with manually patching the biofeedback through the Procyon, but with the benefit of starting to gain from biofeedback now. Though since I have already waited for so long and since I do actually still want the PreSage, I thought I might ask about how the progress is going. I know you can not give me anything that is sure, but I am hoping to at least get some unofficial estimations or a status report on the progress. So any news about the PreSage? Thanks.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Any news about the PreSage?

Wish that I could say the PreSage is ready to ship, but I think we're still a ways away from that.

Honestly, though, I'm not sure that other than the "coolness" of it, I'm not sure that connecting a biofeedback machine to an AVS is of any theraputic advantage. I think the 2 products do 2 different things and are trying to achieve different goals.

I could be wrong, but I just haven't heard about many customers connecting the two on a regular basis. Lots of people like to try it, but I wonder how many find it that useful after they have tried it...

-Andy.

Default Re: Any news about the PreSage?

I just got my Procyon for Christmas, and I love it much more than my Proteus. However, I will say that I also am anxiously waiting for the Presage, or any kind of biofeedback to use with the Procyon, because I almost always used my Proteus with the Thoughtstream and found it to be immensely beneficial and quite effective at enhancing the whole experience.

4. Default When is the Presage going to be ready?

I'd really like to know? I bought the Procyon instead of the Proteus, on the strength of the 'imminent' release of the Presage; otherwise I could have gone for the Proteus/thoughtstream option. I would also like to have more details of the Presage, rather than the oft repeated press release. I'd like to use it whilst doing chi kung standing meditation; therefore I would like an extra long cable/wireless link? How about some sort of yin yang animated visual? Just dreaming.
    Best regards,
    JP

Default Re: When is the Presage going to be ready?

From what little I've heard, the Presage is still a way off, but it will be well worth the wait.

I have a Procyon, a Proteus and a Thoughtstream, and I haven't actually found biofeedback driven entrainment to be all that interesting, however running the Thoughtstream alongside the Procyon or Proteus, so that you can hear the changing pitch as you relax, works very well.

You can plug the audio output of the Thoughtstream into the audio input of the Procyon and hear both through the headphones.

The Thoughtstream is so inexpensive, simple and reliable that I suspect it will always be the feedback device of choice for me.

Cheers,
    Craig

6. Default Re: When is the Presage going to be ready?

OK, Thanks Craig, that info was useful. If the Presage is so far aways, maybe I will follow your example. I like the idea of going further with feedback in my chi kung.

7. Question Is this true?

As propably most Procyon owners I have anticipated the "Presage". A reseller claims the product will be out first quarter 2009 at the latest. Can this be true? I have been so disapointed by all the delays that I have developed a somewhat cynical attitude Im affraid...and am now starting to doubt the products existance....

Link to reseller: http://www.mindmodulations.com/prod-...ofeedback.html

Could someone with inside knowledge deny/confirm these claims?

Thanks in advance

8. Default Re: Is this true?

the link i posted was broken try this instead (copy paste in browser)

http://www.mindmodulations.com/prod-...ofeedback.html

Default Re: Is this true?

Greetings--

The PreSage was nearly ready to manufacture two years ago, when a key integrated circuit suddenly became unavailable for nine months. During that delay, the project engineer decided to take a year and a half off to build his own house (now completed) and we decided to design a new case for it. The engineer has just built up four circuit boards in the new form factor, (and now with rechargeable batteries,) which we'll use for beta testing, and to complete the PC software application we intend to include with it (though it is designed to work perfectly well in 'standalone' mode). Once testing is complete, we'll put it into production.

In the future, I think we won't announce new products until they are actually in production!

-Robert

10. Default Re: Is this true?

Thanks so very much for the answer.

Are you in a position where you can give hints about functions etc?

will the unit work with the procyon?

I Know a little about electronics and the technology is probably not very advanced but testing takes time...

Thread Information