Thread: Problem with the new Procyon Editor

Default Problem with the new Procyon Editor

I am having some trouble with Procyon Editor 2.2.02 on XP and my Rev1 Procyon. I followed the guide and installed both the drivers and Procyon Editor, but when I try to run it I get the message: "When I start The drivers for the USB to serial bridge were not found. Also, the necessary installation files were not found. The USB interface with the Procyon may not work properly." Also when I try to run anything inside the editor I get another message: "The serial port is not open. Do you want to open it?" If I click on yes I just get the same question and it does this over and over again. Therefore I decided to try a couple of things such as make sure the settings are correct, install the newest drivers from TI, a complete uninstall and reinstall, etc... but whatever I did I could not get it to work. Though if I installed the old 1.7.22 version of the Procyon Editor it works just fine. Right now I have both installed and if I run version 1.7.22 it works right away, but if I try the new version it still fails. Any ideas as to what might be causing this?

2. Default Re: Problem with the new Procyon Editor

Hi, I get all those messages too on my Rev 1 Procyon( I'm running XP ) , but if I continue on, the editor finds the serial port and communicates with the Procyon and works fine...I just ignore the messages. Sorry thats probably not a help , but it just might be.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Problem with the new Procyon Editor

Sorry for the trouble.

For the last year we've been trying to get updated drivers that work properly from the manufacturers with very little success.

I am happy to announce, though, that there will be a new universal Editor and drivers up on the support site very soon.

I've attached the new editor. It MAY work with the existing drivers, but you will have to manually set your com port in the software.

You should uninstall both of the older editors, but don't uninstall the drivers for your device.

-Andy.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Problem with the new Procyon Editor

Great looking forward to the new editor and drivers. I did set the port manually, but no matter what I tried it did not want to work so I guess I was not as lucky as you were synaesthesia. Though the version 2.2.05 works great, finally

Thread Information