Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Healing States

1. Red face Healing States

Hey guys,
    '
    Just got my Proteus a couple days ago and so far it is just awesome. The thing that convinced me to buy a L&S machine was my experimentation with some programs that were available for trial on the internet. While I know that it is illegal to claim some benefits, I have been using a track on Mind Stereo in the sub-delta range for Fibromialga and cervical stenosis.

Great little program, but I want it portable on my Proteus. Is it possible to produce sub-delta waves on the Proteus? What wave-lengths or programs would you recommend for pain reduction. I have been using deep delta on the proteus and getting more sleep than I have had in months! Suggestions?

Robin

Blog Entries

Default Re: Healing States and Fibromylgia

Hi Robin,

Quote Originally Posted by robino5454 View Post
    Hey guys,
    '
    Just got my Proteus a couple days ago and so far it is just awesome. The thing that convinced me to buy a L&S machine was my experimentation with some programs that were available for trial on the internet. While I know that it is illegal to claim some benefits, I have been using a track on Mind Stereo in the sub-delta range for Fibromialga and cervical stenosis.

Great little program, but I want it portable on my Proteus. Is it possible to produce sub-delta waves on the Proteus? What wave-lengths or programs would you recommend for pain reduction. I have been using deep delta on the proteus and getting more sleep than I have had in months! Suggestions?

Robin
    If "sub-delta" means below a delta range, then no, our machines will not produce this and here is why: Low Delta is what an EEG will read when someone is in a coma. Below Delta would be less than .5 Hz, in which case it would indicate the person is brain dead. So, if sub-delta means below the Delta frequency range, and if someone says that they have put it in a program and that it will help you then someone is selling placebo. Any frequencies below Delta will not be perceived by the brain.

Having said that, the Delta range can be very helpful for someone with Fibromylgia for a few reasons. People with FM tend to have problems going into a stage 4 sleep (delta) because alpha/beta waves tend to interrupt the cycle. Delta sleep is where the body regenerates itself. It is also the state where the body releases natural opiates and growth hormone. So, a program with Delta is good for one to take at night.

If you use a Delta program during the day, you will feel too groggy. It's best to use it at night.

If you feel groggy during the day, then the sleep replacement program I've attached to this message will be helpful.

In addition, people with FM tend to have problems concentrating and benefit from the same protocols as people with ADD - which means Beta/SMR training. The other attached Beta program is good to use with just your headphones while you are working at your desk or reading. It will help increase your concentration. The Alpha/Beta program is also good for this.

I've also followed the vitamin/supplement regime listed in the book, "The Better Brain Book" by David Perlmutter, M.D. and found it quite helpful. If you would like a list of supplements, let me know.

I've had FM all of my life and I find that these programs and suggestions have helped me greatly.

Please let me know how the programs work for you - if you decide to give them a try.

M.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Healing States

Sub-delta seems to be a term used by when talking about the low end of the delta range (0.2-1Hz). Transparent Corp seems to be particularly fond of it, but I have found it used in a number of medical papers.

"Using sub-delta to sooth these structures has resulted in amazing success helping conditions such as fibromyalgia, chronic pain and hypertension (high blood pressure). In some studies sub-delta frequencies have also been linked with pituitary stimulation of HGH release." Quote from Neuroprogrammer manual.

My wife has had excellent success with the subdelta sessions in dealing with her fibromyalgia.

These frequencies are well within the range of the Proteus.

Cheers,
    Craig

Blog Entries

Thanks for clearing that up Craig.

M.

5. Default Re: Healing States

Thank you so much! I have downloaded your suggested sessions and will let you know how they work. Awesome support here for this product and very helpful people.

Robin

What progs do you recommend on the Proteus for this Craig? I would be most grateful.
    Life is but a dream

Blog Entries

To experiment with these frequencies on the Proteus I would suggest using manual control with the USr mode. You can go down to 0.1 and control the frequencies in tenths, ie. O.2, 0.3, 0.4 etc...

If you hold down the bottom button then press the top button at the same time you can move the frequencies downward. It is kind of hard to do this though as if you continue to hold the bottom button it starts counting up again.

However, delta frequencies if they are to be effective at all, which I would recommend synchronizing your breathing with them say between 0.3 to 0.1hz (20 breaths per minute to 6 breaths per minute).

Also keep in mind that by pushing the middle button while playing back you switch the Proteus between synchronized and alternating mode. The little dots on the display show you which mode is active.

When in alternating the effective frequency is essentially half. Thus at 1hz you would be stimulating at 0.5hz. The alternating effect can be quite relaxing (or can produce vertigo for some people)

The AudioStrobe session on the Kasina - Sleep Cycle and also here: http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...leep-Induction has sub delta frequencies in it.

Hope this helps, Moonchild...
    Scotto
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Thanks very much Scott, sounds a bit complicated for my technophobic brain to master ha ha
    I think I will probably stick to the Kasina as it's easier.
    Life is but a dream

Blog Entries

That's one of the problems of describing things. It is far easier when you do it.

Switch to USr mode on the Proteus. Press play. You now can control the frequency you want with the bottom button.

The middle button switches between the lights flashing together or the lights alternating from eye to eye.

That's pretty much it. You can set the stimulation to the exact frequency you want.

The reason I emphasize this is that it is probably the best feature now on the Proteus for most users compared to our other products. The ThoughtStream connection is cool too for some users.
    Last edited by neuroasis; 01-26-2015 at 01:38 PM.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Still not sure I understand.
    I have it in front of me and yes pressed middle button to USr and do you mean you do not set a prog with top button? Or am I mean to select a prog with top button then press USR?
    Then when I press the bottom button it starts at 1.19 then i.20, 1.21

what do they stand for? I can see the difference in the flashing button that tells me if its either eye stimulated but still do not understand how I know what hz I am using .
    I have tried to lower it by pressing the top and bottom buttons at the same time but not responding.
    Life is but a dream

Thread Information