Thread: Re: User-Contributed Proteus Programs

1. Default Re: User-Contributed Proteus Programs

THANK you for the information...............At the same time I have a question as to how to proceed. This question is for anyone who can help me.I wish to listen to my proteus in the following manner.
    8Hz for an extended indefienite period of time............also same for 6Hz and 4Hz.

It is my understanding that I must ramp down from Beta and finally end at the Hz I want.

Where and how do I start to do this?

THANK YOU

BILL REECE
    Last edited by Andy; 10-10-2006 at 06:38 PM. Reason: (Moved from original thread to keep user-contributed thread clean)

Default Re: User-Contributed Proteus Programs

For an indefinate period on a given hertz, you could just use the "User" setting. You can choose a frequency and it will play until you stop it.

3. Default Re: User-Contributed Proteus Programs

would someone care to address my questions and concerns?

THANK YOU

BILL REECE

Blog Entries

Default Re: User-Contributed Proteus Programs

Quote Originally Posted by bill reece View Post
    would someone care to address my questions and concerns?

THANK YOU

BILL REECE
    Hello Bill;
    It seems that NeroGardener was kind enough to do so, and his advice is correct.

Set the proteus to "Usr" mode, and adjust the frequency until it is set to the speed you desire. It will stay there until you change it, there is no need to ramp from another frequency.
    For specifics on how to use the Usr mode, it is detailed in the manual, page 8. (http://www.mindplacesupport.com/Down...eus_Manual.pdf)

Of course, if that is not what you want and need additional information, please let us know and we'll do our best to help.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

-Andy.

5. Default Re: User-Contributed Proteus Programs

THANK you both Neurogardener and Andy.

Your advice is most helpful.

BILL REECE

Lightbulb Re: User-Contributed Proteus Programs

Hi Bill,

Though you have mentioned that you want the session to initially go for an indefinite period in 8hz it may be worth trying creating your own session with the proteus editing software downloadable from the following link.

http://mindplacesupport.com/Proteus.htm#software

This software works on a Windows PC with a serial port to transfer your custom session the the Proteus.

You can estimate the length of time for the 8hz segment to go for and later tailor it as you see fit.

With this you could also have a short segment of 15 seconds for this first segment, as you can pause the session at the current phase rate by pressing the mode/pause key (middle key) when using the session on the proteus [pg 8 Reference Guides & User's Manual]. Press mode key again to continue session when desired.

Has anyone out there experienced using the Thoughtstream to control in real time the Proteus ?

Thread Information