Thread: Expanding the Audio / Visual of the Procyon

1. Post Expanding the Audio / Visual of the Procyon

Hello All I need help,
    I have been given a special project. The CEO of the company I work for has one of the Procyon units. My project is to expand the audio and visual aspects of the unit into his whole office. So far I have been very successful in the Audio department by changing out the head phones for a surround sound system. The only issue I have been running into is the visual aspect. I was successful in creating an orb which would sit on the side of his desk and illuminate in sequence with the glasses. However, it has been pulling his attention away from his monitor and towards the unit I created. Now I have reached a new challenge. The new challenge is to create some kind of tube or unit that will run underneath his monitors (16 of them, 10 feet across). I will list the problems I have run into below.
    1. The light from the glasses will only reach a small distance (14 inches) before dying out.
    2. Any kind of magnifying glass will extend the light only a few more inches.
    3. Removing the LED chips from the glasses is very difficult and could void the warranty.
    I NEED HELP. Does anyone know where to obtain additional LED chips so I can place them every 12 inches for 10 feet and if so does anyone know if I will need additional power to get this to work and if the unit itself will be able to handle the additional power needed to accomplish this task. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all.
    Tanner

Blog Entries

Default Re: Expanding the Audio / Visual of the Procyon

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tanner.deloach View Post
    Hello All I need help,
    I have been given a special project. The CEO of the company I work for has one of the Procyon units. My project is to expand the audio and visual aspects of the unit into his whole office.
    Keep in mind that you will not get binaural beats without using headphones. You may get some entrainment benefit though from the sound aspect. I can see where the flashing lights would be a distraction and I don't really know how effective the pulsing lights would be from a distance. I'll ask Robert and look into this further.

M.

Hi,

I am always happy to help out with these sorts of projects. I am working on a similar design, but I'm going to use spotlights.

Please feel free to contact me via private message or e-mail and I can provide you with some information I found on linear RGB strips and under-cabinent LED lighting solutions.

Your boss is going to have a sweet office!

--Scott

Addendum:

Maybe your boss can use a bluetooth headset that he/she can put on whenever the mood dictates to get the binaural beats?

6. Cool Re: Expanding the Audio / Visual of the Procyon

Thank you guys, I am reviewing all the information during the Thanksgiving Break. I wish everyone a safe and happy turkey day.
    Tanner

Thread Information