Thread: White and green tea increase Alpha wave activity

1. Default White and green tea increase Alpha wave activity

The amino acid L-theanine, found almost exclusively in the tea plant, actively alters the attention networks of the brain, according to results of human trials announced in September 2007. John Foxe, Ph.D., professor of neuroscience, biology and psychology at City College of the City University of New York, found that theanine is absorbed by the small intestine and crosses the blood-brain barrier, where it affects the brain's neurotransmitters and increases alpha brain-wave activity. The result is a calmer, yet more alert, state of mind.

Complete Article here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potenti..._tea_on_health

L-theanine creates a sense of relaxation in approximately 30-40 minutes after ingestion via at least two different mechanisms. First, this amino acid directly stimulates the production of alpha brain waves, creating a state of deep relaxation and mental alertness similar to what is achieved through meditation. Second, L-theanine is involved in the formation of the inhibitory neurotransmitter, gamma amino butyric acid (GABA). GABA influences the levels of two other neurotransmitters, dopamine and serotonin, producing the key relaxation effect. (2)

Complete Article here

http://www.web-us.com/l-theanine_anxiety_reducer.htm

peethambar Guest

Default Re: how much it is safe taking "Sage Plus" while using Quantum Mind Power

Is it really good to have Sage Plus to improve the brain cells while using Quantum Mind Power?

3. Default Re: White and green tea increase Alpha wave activity

I would Like to say thank's a lot for sharing this useful info.
    Its helpful for me. I like to drink green tea.

4. Default Re: White and green tea increase Alpha wave activity

Thanks for the info! I started drinking green tea daily this year and I feel noticeably calmer on tea than I do on coffee. Now I know why.

5. Default Re: White and green tea increase Alpha wave activity

Very cool. Thanks for posting. That would explain why so many cultures have been utilizing these certain types of tea for so long.

Default Re: White and green tea increase Alpha wave activity

This is so useful to know - actively trying it now in a caf?, and have some in store at home ready to drink.

I've not read the links yet but curious as to how long the effect lasts, and how many green teas per day results in too much stimulation (sleep, overriding of the above etc.) - as I am sensitive to things like caffeine?

Thread Information