Thread: API to access signals from Thoughtstream

Question API to access signals from Thoughtstream

Hi, do you have a library with an API that can be used to access the signals from Thoughtstream?

That would be cool, not to mention very useful..

Thanks,
    Alex

Default Re: API to access signals from Thoughtstream

We don't have any API's or DLL's for the ThoughtStream or Proteus, though we're working towards having them available for Procyon. Unfortunately none of us are C++ coders at present, and such drivers cannot be written in Visual Basic, the language in which our current applets are written.

However, I would be happy to send you the data format for TS, and will attempt to post it to this site.

--Robert
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Austin View Post
    Unfortunately none of us are C++ coders at present, and such drivers cannot be written in Visual Basic, the language in which our current applets are written.
    What is the role of those applets ?

The applets include the thoughtstream interface, proteus editor, and some others which haven't yet seen the light of day...

Robert

Just curious, in what programming language is the software that runs on Proteus developed?

6. Default Re: API to access signals from Thoughtstream

I would be glad to get a terminal program to read the signals. I tried Hyperterminal with settings suggested in, maybe it was in the data format file, but no luck.

I would like to do picture desensitization. Calmlink can do AVI animations (at $59-versus PreSage's heavier price).

Hi,

I have written a C++ API of sorts for the thoughstream. It reads the 12 bit (0-4096) ADC value out of the 5th and 6th bytes of the data stream. I can clean it up and make it available.

What I really want to know is, what are the units of the current ADC value? ohms? mohs?

Also, if you want to use a terminal to see the data stream, gtkterm works.

thanks,
    EM

Thread Information