Thread: Help - Which sessions to go with Affirmations?

Default Help - Which sessions to go with Affirmations?

Hi, I'm a newbie who wants to listen to two soundtracks of affirmations (not at the same time), created by myself for a)reduction in worrying & b) Improvement in guitar playing/singing in public. I would like the Proteus session to last about an hour.

Which of the default sessions would be most effective for me to use? I guess it would be either 16, 27 or 37. I would like to listen the sessions in a quiet, darkened room.

Is there an explanatory document to explain the use of the different category of sessions (preferably in words of one syllable).

PS I don't want to get into programming my Proteus.

Thanking you for any assistance.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Help - Which sessions to go with Affirmations?

Hello and welcome!

These charts may help: http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...read.php?t=349

-Andy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by walb View Post
    Hi, I'm a newbie who wants to listen to two soundtracks of affirmations (not at the same time), created by myself for a)reduction in worrying & b) Improvement in guitar playing/singing in public. I would like the Proteus session to last about an hour.

Which of the default sessions would be most effective for me to use? I guess it would be either 16, 27 or 37. I would like to listen the sessions in a quiet, darkened room.
    Any of those sessions would be good. The key to self-hypnosis is a theta based program. A bit of Alpha in the program is okay.

Just a reminder to use positive language in your affirmations - state them as what you want instead of what you don't want.

Here's a link to an NLP Process called "Anchoring" - watch this and consider how using this technique may also help you in your goal about singing and playing comfortably in public. The key is to anchor a stack of states such as:confidence, happiness and a feeling of accomplishment. Your affirmations should really reinforce the anchors. Also, while in your session (or after it, which ever you prefer) imagine yourself playing and singing in front of people and imagine yourself doing really well and people enjoying your performance. Do this mental rehersal often because the more you do this, the more familiar this state becomes to your brain and when you do play in public .. it will feel familiar, like something you've done many times before.

Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKvMI...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eZp9sjrQ0k

You may also find this exercise helpful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJgxm9Bo8IQ

Let me know how this works for you.

Marisa

Marisa,

Thank you for such a prompt reply. I'll try the YouTube links & give it around a month to detect any improvement before I get back to you.

PS Anyone who has a GSD MUST be a nice person! (I've had them all my life & think they are the most intelligent, faithfull, in fact the finest dogs in the world.)

Back to my original post - Theta with a dash of Alpha is the answer -

Thanks again

Thanks Andy,

The charts, along with Marisa's help really help clear things up.

Watch out a really relaxed (but very old) dude playing on MTV!!!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by walb View Post
    PS Anyone who has a GSD MUST be a nice person!
    I'm sure that's true, but what does that make Marisa since her dog is a Belgian?

Thread Information