Thread: What's next after Procyon?

Question What's next after Procyon?

Is there anything being developed to come out sometime in the near future? (sort of how the Procyon was the "next thing" after the Proteus)

Blog Entries

Default Re: What's next after Procyon?

There's always new things being developed. Nothing coming out right away though, so it's unwise to speculate about what these products will be like or what they can do.

I'd be interested to hear what sort of product you customers would like to see.

-Andy.

I'd like to see better compatibility with an iPod/iPhone. Would be very fun to run an app that supplied the beats and could in an audiostrobe way respond to music.

Otherwise my gripes about Procyon:
    1. list of programs in manual, but its too flimsy to keep, would like a sticker with the listing for the back of the device, or bigger display to be able to scroll through programs.
    2. 2 Simultaneous light frame support.
    3. Biofeedback (I'd take a device with both, even at double price)
    4. MP3/synchro capability - like audiostrobe (I may be dreaming but I'll add to wish list).
    5. Greater depth of "entertainment" programs.

Thanks!

Blog Entries

Hi Gordon,

I will forward your suggestions to Mindplace. It's always good to hear what our customers want in a product.

Thanks.

M.

I would like to add:

1) Manual control of pulse rate in tenths of a Hertz

It's on the SIRIUS but not on the more "advanced" models - not sure why....
    (Unless I'm missing something)

Also from the SIRIUS: ambient sound into a light show.

2) A Microphone input should be included on all portable units.

Though I am an owner of a Procyon, I'm actually considering the sirius to fulfill my needs with a L&S machine - which seems counter intuitive to me.

Thanks!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gordon View Post
    I would like to add:

1) Manual control of pulse rate in tenths of a Hertz

It's on the SIRIUS but not on the more "advanced" models - not sure why....
    (Unless I'm missing something)
    Because the Procyon is programmable and you can create a program that does this. The Sirius is not programmable.

I would like to add that this small of a frequency increment is not going to have any kind of effect on your brain via an AVS machine. Generally you want a range of frequencies in a program because each person's brain is not going to respond in the same way (if at all) to a particular frequency. For example: 10 Hz may work really well on one person, while 11 Hz produces the same results in another. What is important in a program is the particular range.

Perhaps such specific increments of frequency may produce different results if one was using EEG Neurofeedback with specific placement of electrodes on the target area of the skull (brain).

Also from the SIRIUS: ambient sound into a light show.
    The Sirius is a very old model and will likely one day be discontinued so no revisions will happen to this product.

2) A Microphone input should be included on all portable units.
    I will pass the suggestion on to Robert, though there hasn't been much demand for this as most professionals who use the machine in this way have hooked it up to a small mixer. This is something that may be developed at some point into a "professional" model.

Though I am an owner of a Procyon, I'm actually considering the sirius to fulfill my needs with a L&S machine - which seems counter intuitive to me.
    Your needs, and then some, can absolutely be fulfilled with the Procyon.

Another thing is that it's not a good idea to entrain with only one frequency because habitation can occur - which means that your brain would get use to that frequency and its effect would diminish.

You do have some good ideas and your other suggestions were well received by Robert.

M.

7. Lightbulb Re: What's next after Procyon?

Andy

I would like to see light frames that can be worn during normal daily activity with projected light display like a translucent screen that does not obscure normal vision, audio head set built into light frames to combine connections. Image projection onto the lenses would also be good to stimulate visualisation and mood. A break-out box containing solid state relays for control of external light displays.

Regards
    Mahc UK

8. Default Re: What's next after Procyon?

I would like to try a HEG (hemoencephalography) machine that reaches deep into the brain. The normal HEG machine didn't do much for me, EEG machine did nothing, so I'd just like to if this would have the capability of changing my consciousness/improving things.

Toomim has a patent but I wonder if they might license the tech for this.

I have created a yahoo group for people who are interested in building their own but there's no activity yet: ) I'll now go post a link that I found which is pretty good that goes a long way in choosing components:

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/deepheg/

9. Default Re: What's next after Procyon?

Any chance of a wireless version with nicad rechargeable batteries?

10. Talking Re: What's next after Procyon?

Hello All,
    One thing I would like to see is different attachments to the Procyon. Such as a desk orb or some kind of attachment that will be more compatible with DMX light machines. Like other posts I have read, my boss really enjoys the sound and light combo, but it is hard to work with the glasses on. Thank you.
    R. Tanner DeLoach

Thread Information