Thread: Learning sessions

1. Default Learning sessions

Some quick questions about using the learning sessions with the procyon. With session 2, "accelerated learning" to reach a hypnogogia state, is it intended for use before or after study? What exactly is the aim with this session?

Is it wise to use session 7 & 8 with only audio while studying? Or would a session like 33 be best?

Is there any learning sessions that one can rely on to improve i.q?

Thanks,
    Graham
    Is ?ireannaigh m?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Learning sessions & Improving IQ

Quote Originally Posted by G-ice View Post
    Some quick questions about using the learning sessions with the Procyon. With session 2, "accelerated learning" to reach a hypnogogia state, is it intended for use before or after study? What exactly is the aim with this session?
    I would use it after the study session because it's mostly a theta session and theta is very useful for the brain to integrate what it has learned into long term memory.

Is it wise to use session 7 & 8 with only audio while studying? Or would a session like 33 be best?
    Programs 6, 7 & 8 (in that order) would probably be best for audio only concentration. P 33 would also be okay however, there may be too much alpha. The focus on the quick energy is 10 hz which is in the Alpha range and in the P 7 and 8, the focus is on the SMR range, which is really what you want.

I've attached a Proteus session that I use all of the time on audio only for concentration. I believe you can convert this to the Procyon.

Is there any learning sessions that one can rely on to improve i.q?
    The sessions with SMR.

Also to improve IQ, you want to engage in a variety of brain exercises. If you are able to acquire a Nintendo DS Lite, there are a variety of brain games that you can purchase (Brain Age 1 & 2 are the best, Big Brain Academy is also good, Flash Focus is excellent - though it's more to improve your vision however, I find it's also good for the brain because it helps you to think faster as well). There are a few other good games and if you are interested I can list them but the ones I listed are the best.

The reason these exercises are so good is that they make the brain work in a variety of ways and that keeps your neural connections between parts of your brain healthy.

When we are young and in school, our brain is engaged in learning in a variety of areas, as we age, we use more of the knowledge that we have and not our learning. As a result, we begin to lose brain function in some of the areas such as memory.

There are a variety of brain exercises that you can do on your computer (the Nintendo is portable and handy to use anywhere). Word games, scrabble, multiplication tables, logic problems, cross words are all good games for your brain. Video games are great for hand/eye coordination. The Mental Games that you can buy with the Thought Stream are also good brain improvement games.

To improve IQ, your brain needs a couple of things - proper nutrition for the brain (which includes Amino Acids & Omega 3 fatty acids). A really good book to purchase on the subject is "The Better Brain Book" by David Perlmutter, M.D., FACN.

In addition, it's good to know of what things can get in the way of brain function such as too much alcohol, certain drugs, stress - big, big cognitive function impeder, diet, lack of exercise (you want to maximize blood flow in your brain) and lack of new experience. The brain needs to be continuously challenged and stimulated - anything that makes you think is good. The more neural connections you can form, the better your brain works.

Stress is a mind and brain function killer. Stress will definitely cause you to lose IQ so it's also important to become skilled in the area of problem resolution and emotional control. NLP will be good training for how to do this.

Sorry about the lengthy message.

M.
    Attached Files Attached Files

3. Default Re: Learning sessions & Improving IQ

Quote Originally Posted by Marisa View Post
    I would use it after the study session because it's mostly a theta session and theta is very useful for the brain to integrate what it has learned into long term memory.
    It's worked in the past, certainly something I'll be keeping up

Programs 6, 7 & 8 (in that order) would probably be best for audio only concentration. P 33 would also be okay however, there may be too much alpha. The focus on the quick energy is 10 hz which is in the Alpha range and in the P 7 and 8, the focus is on the SMR range, which is really what you want.

I've attached a Proteus session that I use all of the time on audio only for concentration. I believe you can convert this to the Procyon.
    Programs 6, 7 & 8 worked well. I see what you mean about not getting too much alpha. Thanks for the tip I must transfer the attached Proteus session and give it a go. Does this session use Beta? How does this compare with SMR?

Also to improve IQ, you want to engage in a variety of brain exercises. If you are able to acquire a Nintendo DS Lite, there are a variety of brain games that you can purchase (Brain Age 1 & 2 are the best, Big Brain Academy is also good, Flash Focus is excellent - though it's more to improve your vision however, I find it's also good for the brain because it helps you to think faster as well). There are a few other good games and if you are interested I can list them but the ones I listed are the best.

The reason these exercises are so good is that they make the brain work in a variety of ways and that keeps your neural connections between parts of your brain healthy.

When we are young and in school, our brain is engaged in learning in a variety of areas, as we age, we use more of the knowledge that we have and not our learning. As a result, we begin to lose brain function in some of the areas such as memory.

There are a variety of brain exercises that you can do on your computer (the Nintendo is portable and handy to use anywhere). Word games, scrabble, multiplication tables, logic problems, cross words are all good games for your brain. Video games are great for hand/eye coordination. The Mental Games that you can buy with the Thought Stream are also good brain improvement games.
    I've been devising the idea of getting a DS for a while... Primarily for the Mind games, of course (although, I've always loved Mario ). Luckily (for once), I'm still in school so it might not be a necessity just yet. It could make for a good birthday pressie for someone older though

For the time being, I'll be sure to get involved in cross words and word games. Shouldn't do any harm

To improve IQ, your brain needs a couple of things - proper nutrition for the brain (which includes Amino Acids & Omega 3 fatty acids). A really good book to purchase on the subject is "The Better Brain Book" by David Perlmutter, M.D., FACN.

In addition, it's good to know of what things can get in the way of brain function such as too much alcohol, certain drugs, stress - big, big cognitive function impeder, diet, lack of exercise (you want to maximize blood flow in your brain) and lack of new experience. The brain needs to be continuously challenged and stimulated - anything that makes you think is good. The more neural connections you can form, the better your brain works.

Stress is a mind and brain function killer. Stress will definitely cause you to lose IQ so it's also important to become skilled in the area of problem resolution and emotional control. NLP will be good training for how to do this.
    Diet and exercise certainly is vital. I wouldn't think that would be my worst area. Which leads me to think my lack of focus lies elsewhere... It could very well be stress (well pointed out actually ). But hopefully the combination of the Procyon and NLP will help this.

I'll look out for the book, thanks. I've a fair few to get through. I got "NLP for Dummies" today. Have you heard of it?

Sorry about the lengthy message.
    I would actually welcome your wise words

Graham
    Is ?ireannaigh m?

Blog Entries

Programs 6, 7 & 8 worked well. I see what you mean about not getting too much alpha. Thanks for the tip I must transfer the attached Proteus session and give it a go. Does this session use Beta? How does this compare with SMR?
    It does have some Beta in it. Beta in short bursts is energizing. SMR is associated with a quiet body and active mind. It allows you to be alert and you can be in "SMR" for a longer period of time.

If you go into a higher beta for a longer period of time, it can produce anxiety (because when a person is anxious, their brain is in a high beta state). High Beta state is also the state your brain is in when you are in danger - you are hyper aware and can react quickly - but you do not want to be in this state more than absolutely necessary because it becomes too much and ends up causing stress.

I've been devising the idea of getting a DS for a while... Primarily for the Mind games, of course (although, I've always loved Mario ). Luckily (for once), I'm still in school so it might not be a necessity just yet. It could make for a good birthday pressie for someone older though
    I hear Mario cart is good. Definitely worth while getting the DS. Ask Santa.

For the time being, I'll be sure to get involved in cross words and word games. Shouldn't do any harm
    No harm at all.

Diet and exercise certainly is vital. I wouldn't think that would be my worst area. Which leads me to think my lack of focus lies elsewhere... It could very well be stress (well pointed out actually ). But hopefully the combination of the Procyon and NLP will help this.
    Vitamin B12 is very important, especially if you do not get enough in your diet. If you do have stress to contend with, you'll want to balance your sessions with some good Alpha in there -- especially when you are feeling stressed. When you are feeling stressed, avoid any Beta type programs as it will make things worse.

I'll look out for the book, thanks. I've a fair few to get through. I got "NLP for Dummies" today. Have you heard of it?
    Yes, I have it. It's a pretty good read. It'll give you a basic understanding of the components of NLP. Don't worry if you don't understand it all perfectly as there are many things in NLP that books are just not good at teaching. It's much easier to grasp when you have an instructor giving you the information, which you then can immediately practice and ask questions - which really helps the learning process. It's a training that involves all of your senses ... you listen, look and experience.

I would actually welcome your wise words
    I am humbled by your kindness.

M.

5. Default Re: Learning sessions & Improving IQ

Quote Originally Posted by Marisa View Post
    It does have some Beta in it. Beta in short bursts is energizing. SMR is associated with a quiet body and active mind. It allows you to be alert and you can be in "SMR" for a longer period of time.

If you go into a higher beta for a longer period of time, it can produce anxiety (because when a person is anxious, their brain is in a high beta state). High Beta state is also the state your brain is in when you are in danger - you are hyper aware and can react quickly - but you do not want to be in this state more than absolutely necessary because it becomes too much and ends up causing stress.
    Ah, I see. You know too much. This info will definitely perfect the study I do at the moment A major problem I would have is finding the motivation to actually do study. Time keeping would also come into this. I find it very difficult to spread work out and keep routine. Is there any particular tips that help with this?

I hear Mario cart is good. Definitely worth while getting the DS. Ask Santa.
    I've already asked santa for that pilot course in Canada

Vitamin B12 is very important, especially if you do not get enough in your diet. If you do have stress to contend with, you'll want to balance your sessions with some good Alpha in there -- especially when you are feeling stressed. When you are feeling stressed, avoid any Beta type programs as it will make things worse.
    I'll be sure to try out some Alpha sessions when I'm stressed. Thanks for the help.

Yes, I have it. It's a pretty good read. It'll give you a basic understanding of the components of NLP. Don't worry if you don't understand it all perfectly as there are many things in NLP that books are just not good at teaching. It's much easier to grasp when you have an instructor giving you the information, which you then can immediately practice and ask questions - which really helps the learning process. It's a training that involves all of your senses ... you listen, look and experience.

I'll probably run through bits of the book... Learn the very basics, take the course, then come back to it. No harm doing a bit of homework before hand.

Thanks Marisa,

Graham.
    Is ?ireannaigh m?

Blog Entries

Ah, I see. You know too much.
    LOL and I can say this also to Robert. Compared to what he knows, I'm a .

This info will definitely perfect the study I do at the moment A major problem I would have is finding the motivation to actually do study. Time keeping would also come into this. I find it very difficult to spread work out and keep routine. Is there any particular tips that help with this?
    Make study more fun and interesting. Study in small chunks - maybe 15 - 30 minutes before taking a break. Try to associate something you already know with that which you are learning. Be sure to tell yourself how interested you are in learning the information and shift your perception so that you are very interested in learning the information. Think of something that you found really, really interesting - remember how easy it was to direct your attention to figuring it out - remember how motivated you felt to learning more about it? Now, apply that to your studies. Think about what you'll be able to do with this new knowledge, how you will be able to apply it and how relevant it is to your studies ... hopefully it's relevant ....

If you tell me what you are studying I may be able to come up with some more specific ideas.

I've already asked Santa for that pilot course in Canada
    Do we have a good one?

I'll be sure to try out some Alpha sessions when I'm stressed. Thanks for the help.
    My pleasure and anytime.

M.

Thread Information