Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: problems/quarks/bugs with proteus session editor(?)

1. Default Re: problems/quarks/bugs with proteus session editor(?)

Again, here are the series of steps I followed.

1) connect proteus to the computer
    2) turn on proteus, and set to pc mode
    3) open the session editor
    4) open ANY file for previewing in realtime
    5) set comm port to 1
    6) press "view realtime" button on session editor
    7)select segment and press "play segment"
    8)segment runs ( light glasses come on automatically: sound doesnt). proteus display ( by default) shows the current flash frequency (ex 15.0). Pressing the bottom button turns on the sound
    9) If any session is tested after this first one, the session sound will come on automatically.

AGAIN, THIS situation occurs, no matter what session I choose to test first in PC MODE. That is, sound won't come on automatically, and I always have to

I can't be the only one who has this problem. Should I be concerned that the proteus unit is defective(?) (i.e a hardware problem instead of a software problem?). As far as I can tell, all the other proteus modes work fine. Please let me know. Oh ,and I forgot, I also set the data transfer speed to medium on the session editor.
    again, just to reiterate , I tried reinstalling the OS 2.8, and this didn't fix the problem. What do you think I should do, if anything about this problem.

2. Default Re: problems/quarks/bugs with proteus session editor(?)

Me again,

Just to clarify, I am not pressing the top button on the proteus, while it is running a segment. The proteus display, automatically shows the flash frequency when a session segment is played in pc mode (i.e the proteus display will switch from showing "PC." to showing a flash frequency, when I press, "play segment in the editor.) I simply pressed the bottom buttion to turn the sound on. I actually tried to press the top button, while a segment was running, and the session went into a soft fade out mode, turning off after several seconds.

Blog Entries

Default Re: problems/quarks/bugs with proteus session editor(?)

Ok, thanks for the clarification with the step-by-step.

There's definitely some weirdness, but it's not a show-stopper. Certainly very easy to get around it. After you do whatever you need to do the 1st segment will play fine until you power off the Proteus and power it back on.

The problem happens with Editor 2.3 and 2.5.1 and with OS 2.7 and 2.8. That's all I tested, anyway...

Clicking on different segments I noticed that anything but the first will play when you click on it. Segments will start without even clicking "Run Segment/Segments/Session".
    I don't use the Proteus editor much so I'm not sure how it's SUPPOSED to work, but it seems to play when I click "View Realtime" and whenever I click on a segment, not just when I click "Run Segment".

Since it's not a show-stopper bug I will let the programmer know and the next time there's an update to the editor he'll fix it. Could be I'm just using the editor wrong, but it all seems to be a bit weird, not life-threatening though!

-Andy.

4. Default Re: problems/quarks/bugs with proteus session editor(?)

hello again,

On a whim, I decided to reinstall the proteus session editor 2.5.1. I removed the editor file that was on my computer, downloaded the zipped 2.5.1 file from mindplace.com, and unzipped and installed the session editor. I then retested the pc mode. As before, I
    1) connected proteus to computer
    2) switched on proteus, and set to PC mode
    3) opened up the reinstalled session editor 2.51
    4) set the comm port to "1"
    5) opened up a session file
    6) pressed the "view realtime" button
    7) 1st segment of session plays right away (without pressing the "play segment x" button; BOTH LIGHTS AND SOUND COME ON NORMALLY (THAT IS, I DONT NEED TO PRESS ANY BUTTONS ON THE PROTEUS TO TURN THE SOUND ON)
    8) I double checked that the problem was fixed by then closing down the editor, and switching off the proteus. Then I switched the proteus on again, and opened up the editor. I opened up a different "starting sesssion" and pressed "view realtime". Again, the sound came on normally

Since you found the same "bug", I don't know if the session editor will redevelop the same problem in the future. Please let me know what the programmers decide to do. Thank you.

5. Default Re: problems/quarks/bugs with proteus session editor(?)

Just to clarify,

There WERE actually two problems/bugs with testing sessions in PC mode.
    after, setting proteus to PC mode, opening the editor program, and opening up a session to test (in the editor), and pressing the 'view realtime' button:

PROBLEMS/BUGS

(1) The SOUND didn't come on automatically, although the lights did. I had to press the bottom button on proteus, while the session was running, to turn on the sound. I only needed to turn on the sound for the first session tested. This problem was fixed (although I don't know if permanently) after reinstalling session editor 2.5.1

(2) As you discovered, after opening up a file to test, and pressing the 'view realtime' button, the first segment of the session started running automatically, without having to select segment/segments to play. This bug/minor error was not corrected, after I reinstalled the session editor.

Thread Information