Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: problems/quarks/bugs with proteus session editor(?)

1. Question problems/quarks/bugs with proteus session editor(?)

Hello,

I just tested session I designed on the proteus editor. I plugged my proteus into my computer, and set the proteus to PC mode. In the editor program, I selected the comm port, then opened my created file, then pressed view realtime. Finally, I selected "view entire session". The light glasses came on, but upon putting on the headphones. I noticed there was no sound. On a whim, I pressed the bottom button on the proteus console (select button), and after 2 seconds, the sound came on. Does anyone have any idea why this would occur.
    I also, noticed, that after the entire session ran and ended, the editor started playing the session over again. (and I know I didn't select any looping option for the session ). What is going on here???
    Last edited by Andy; 10-08-2008 at 06:23 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: problems/quarks/bugs with proteus session editor(?)

Hello;

What OS is the Proteus running? You can tell this by the number that flashes on the LED screen of the console when you power it up.

Are you using the latest version of the Editor? (2.5.1)

-Andy.

3. Question Re: problems/quarks/bugs with proteus session editor(?)

Hello,

I am using operating system 2.8 (the latest). I installed it not more than 3 weeks ago. I am using the version 2.5.1 of the session editor. Please respond back.

4. Question Re: problems/quarks/bugs with proteus session editor(?)

please note,

I went back and checked the settings on the proteus editor. I found out that if you click on "utilities", and then the choice "adjust segment repeat time delay", you get a check box that allows you to choose not to repeat the segment. I checked the box, and then played a program segment in realtime (with the proteus not connected to the computer). The editor didnt repeat the segment. Obviously, I shouldn't also test it, with the Proteus connected.
    As to why the sound didn't come on during realtime session preview, and why pressing the bottom button on the Proteus would turn the sound on, I couldn't figure this out. Note, that I downloaded my created session into the utility memory of the Proteus. I played the session, and the sound came on fine. Please write back to me. Thanks.
    Last edited by Andy; 10-08-2008 at 10:44 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by oneironaut View Post
    please note,

I went back and checked the settings on the proteus editor. I found out that if you click on "utilities", and then the choice "adjust segment repeat time delay", you get a check box that allows you to choose not to repeat the segment. I checked the box, and then played a program segment in realtime (with the proteus not connected to the computer). The editor didnt repeat the segment. Obviously, I shouldn't also test it, with the Proteus connected.
    Please check this with the Proteus and let me know if it fixes the looping issue.

As to why the sound didn't come on during realtime session preview, and why pressing the bottom button on the Proteus would turn the sound on, I couldn't figure this out. Note, that I downloaded my created session into the utility memory of the Proteus. I played the session, and the sound came on fine. Please write back to me. Thanks.
    Are you able to reproduce this? Normally when you press the bottom button, it turns off the LED screen on the Proteus.

6. Question Re: problems/quarks/bugs with proteus session editor(?)

Okay,

I connected my proteus to my computer, and set it to pc mode. Then I opened up the session editor program. Next, I opened up the session that I created.
    First, I viewed (ran) a single segment of the session in realtime. The segment didn't loop at the end (i.e, it didn't replay). Please note that I originally noticed the looping issue, upon playing the entire session. I assume it wont loop the entire session as well.
    As for the sound issue, when I played the single segment of the session, I noticed, again, no sound coming through the headphones. I pressed the bottom "double arrow" button on the console, and again the sound came on.
    I next decided to test the "sound issue" with other sessions. I opened another session (which I created), and played a single segment. The sound started up normally.
    Then I closed down the editor, and turned off the proteus. I turned the Proteus on again, and flipped through the various modes until I was back in "PC" mode. I retested a segment of the first session I tried, and the sound came on normally. I have no idea what's going on.
    Please also note, when a segment is running in realtime/pc mode, pressing the bottom console button, does not turn the led display off (at least on my Proteus it doesn't).
    There must be a logical explanation for this "behavior". Please write me back with your thoughts.

7. Default Re: problems/quarks/bugs with proteus session editor(?)

Hello,

Its me again. Well I checked the PC/realtime sound issue again. I reconnected my proteus to the computer, and set it to PC mode. Then I opened the session editor. I opened a session (a different session from the one I opened first last time). I played a segment of the session, and again, the sound didn't come on. To clarify, when a segment is running in pc mode, my proteus console display shows the pulse frequency of the lights. When I then then pressed the bottom button, the frequency, which showed "17.0", when up to "17.1", and this turned the sound on!!. Once I turned the sound on with this session, I then tested other sessions in PC mode, and the sound came on normally. But, everytime I restart pc mode (by turning the proteus off and on again), I have to toggle the sound on again with the bottom button. What could be going on here. I hate to think it's another problem with the firmare (OS). I reinstalled and upgraded the OS to 2.8 not toolong ago . Please write me back and let me know.

Blog Entries

If it's a problem, sounds like a pretty minor one. Thanks for letting me know though!

I'll test it out here and see what I find.

9. Question Re: problems/quarks/bugs with proteus session editor(?)

Hello, Hello,

Yes its me yet again. Just to let you know, I decided on a whim to reinstall the proteus os (version 2.8). After this, with my proteus still connected to the computer, I switched it to PC Mode, and opened up the session editor program. As before, I started to view a session in realtime. The sound start up normally!. But then to double check, I shut down the editor, and turned off the proteus ( and for good measure, I also disconnected the computer serial cable from the console. Then I reconnected the computer cable to the proteus and turned the Proteus back on. With the Proteus already in PC mode, I opened up the session editor. Finally, I previewed a session segment. The sound didn't start up. Again I had to press the bottom "double arrow" button on the proteus. The display showed the pulse frequency. When I pressed it, the sound came on, but this time the frequency value didn't change. I Then tested other sessions, and (as before) the sound started up normally. Note, that, as before, pressing the bottom button when previewing a session in PC Mode, will not turn off the led display ( this function only works when playing a session from PXx or Uxx memory "blocks:.

You are right. This does seem to be a minor error/flaw bug. But it could be a bug/bugs in the proteus os 2.8 and/or the session editor 2.5.1. Please write me back and let me know.

Blog Entries

I am unable to reproduce the problem you saw. I tried it with both 2.8 and 2.7 OSes to be sure.

Does it do this only with a specific session or any session? If it's only the one session then maybe there's something wrong or special about that session.

The only time the up/down key does anything (while in PC mode) on my Proteus is if I press Play on the console. It then seems to play an internal manual session where pressing the up/down key changes the pitch.

Never did the sound cut off unless I pressed stop.

Are you pressing the Play/Stop button on the console while trying to control it with the Editor?

In the end, the most important thing is that the console works properly after you load the sessions into it.

If you can figure out set of steps to follow exactly that can make this problem happen, I (and others) will see if we can reproduce the problem. We can't fix it if we can't reproduce it.

Is anyone else able to reproduce this issue?

-Andy.

Thread Information