Thread: Loose glasses connection

1. Default Loose glasses connection

Hi,

I purchased my Procyon almost a year ago. However, a few months ago the glasses stopped working right. Apparently, not all the LEDs will light up the way they are supposed to. At first I thought it was a battery issue, but it seems to be something with the connector from the glasses to the device. I'm not sure if it's the female part in the Procyon or the male part on the glasses. All I know is that it fits loose.

Is there anyway I can get it fixed or at least looked at?

Please let me know.

Thanks!

-R-
    Last edited by Andy; 10-03-2008 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Name not required

Default Re: glasses don't work

Hi Rooz739.

I had the same problem with the connectors and got a new machine for the broken one. But when the second machine got the same problems within two weeks, I started to wonder what it could be.

I found out that within the connector(female) on the procyon a small metal plate(don't know how to call it else) is located on the side of the connector. When I used a small narrow screwdriver to bend this clip inwards a bit, the problem was solved! This clip makes the connector of the glassed get stuck within the connector of the Procyon, so that there is a good connection to the glasses.

I think you always should disconnect the connectors from the Procyon when you transport it. I think there comes pressure on the connectors and the clip will bend outwards. This then gives the problem of a bad connection and by that glasses that don't work.

I think this is a problem many people must have encountered, since I think it's not a great connector in the first place. Maybe Mindplace can take a look into this matter, when they maybe come out with a new revision of the Procyon.

Hopefully this helped your in making you Procyon function again.
    If you still have questions, feel free to post me.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Andy; 11-17-2009 at 05:09 AM.

Thread Information