Thread: and yet more questions: albums

Default and yet more questions: albums

i am going through the editor documentation and i have a folder of files i got from a link on this forum called 'Procyon Factory Sessions'. but the very first file is named 'Procyon rev 1.PRb'. the album text seems to match the list i got with what i assume is my 'rev 2' procyon, but how do i know the files are the same?

i did an archive of my procyon, but i don't see any way to break that archive into individual files.

what i'm trying to do is to try to delete some sessions and re-arrange the sessions from the factory default. i understand that to do that i need to put the files i want along with an album list in the order i want them into a folder. then when i use the command 'upload album' i assume it will ask for the album filename, then pick the files from the enclosing folder to upload.

in other words, let's say i just want only the 'night voyage' sessions in my machine. i would put those files and an album containing the names into a folder and import or upload the album, right? if i uploaded such a small subset of the original memory would it free up the space occupied by the original sessions?

but i don't trust that the folder i have labeled 'Procyon Factory Sessions' are in fact the very same files that reside on my unit. i realize i could restore from my archive, but before i start experimenting i'd like to know that i have the exact single files from my unit safe somewhere.

the reason i'm going to all this trouble is that i'd like to try out sessions i find on the forum and if i don't like them i want to make sure i can delete them easily and always restore back to a previous album.

/guy
    Last edited by gteague; 09-25-2008 at 07:13 PM.
    we place no reliance / on virgin or pigeon / our method is science / our aim is religion ~'uncle al' crowley

Blog Entries

Default Re: and yet more questions: albums

Quote Originally Posted by gteague View Post
    but i don't trust that the folder i have labeled 'Procyon Factory Sessions' are in fact the very same files that reside on my unit. i realize i could restore from my archive, but before i start experimenting i'd like to know that i have the exact single files from my unit safe somewhere.
    Rev1 and Rev2 Procyons have the same functionality and run the same programs. Those sessions are the original factory sessions, rest assured.

-Andy.

Default Re: and yet more questions: albums

great, thanks!
    we place no reliance / on virgin or pigeon / our method is science / our aim is religion ~'uncle al' crowley

Thread Information