Thread: tecnical problem with proteus (?)

1. Default tecnical problem with proteus (?)

hello,

I'm trying to find out if I have a technical (hardware/software) problem with my proteus. The problem occurs when I press the play (top ) button on the control unit. usually, most sessions start fine. But certain sessions wont start (the display will just switch to time remaining, but the light glasses wont turn on--I'm not sure if the audio starts). I have to switch the unit of and on and change modes several times, before a simple press of the play button will start these problematic sessions. What do you think might be going on?
    {note. I use an ac adaptor, and the glasses are plugged in tight to the control unit}
    As I said, it seems that most sessions will start normally (with one press of the play button). Is this issue something I should be seriously concerned about? Please reply back

2. Default Re: tecnical problem with proteus (?)

Here is what the problem was. There seemed to be a problem with the U1 memory space (or the session stored there). If I tried playing the session in u1 immediately after turning on the unit, the light glasses wouldn't activate (but the sound would). I then scrolled to any other memory space (for example, U9) and then played the session stored there. If I then immediately scrolled to U1, and pressed play, it would play the u9 session (the session just played ), not the u1 session. Other examples. If I had just played u4's session, and then scrolled to u1 and pressed play, it would play the session in u4. If I had just played u5's session, and then scrolled to u1 and pressed play, it would play the session in u5.

I tried redownloading the utility space sessions. This didn't fix the problem. I then reinstalled (redownloaded the operating system, and upgraded from 2.7 to 2.8) This seems to have fixed the problem. When I pressed play with u1 displayed, it always plays the u1 session.
    http://mindplacesupport.com/forum/im...w/dontknow.gif
    I dont know what may have caused this problem. Please respond.

Blog Entries

Default Re: tecnical problem with proteus (?)

Sounds like you had corrupted sessions or firmware. What you did is a good resolution - to update the firmware.

Everything is ok now?

-Andy.

4. Default Re: tecnical problem with proteus (?)

Thanks for replying,

Yes. It seems that everything is working fine now. When I turned the unit on, and play the session in U1, it plays the right session (both lights and sound). When I play other Uxx sessions, and then immediately go back to u1, and press play, it still plays the u1 session.
    I guess it could have been either a problem with the operating system{os} (is this what you refer to as firmware?), or both the operating system and the session itself ( since I redownloaded the utility space sessions, and the then the os). This problem only showed up yesterday, when I was checking the proteus to make sure it was in bicolor mode.
    http://mindplacesupport.com/forum/im...eusa_think.gif

Could it have been a bug, perhaps in the os? anyways, thanks for your imput

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by oneironaut View Post
    Thanks for replying,

Yes. It seems that everything is working fine now. When I turned the unit on, and play the session in U1, it plays the right session (both lights and sound). When I play other Uxx sessions, and then immediately go back to u1, and press play, it still plays the u1 session.
    That doesn't sound like a problem. When you go to U1 it plays U1.

All is good now? Or do you still have an issue?

-Andy.

6. Default Re: tecnical problem with proteus (?)

yes. Everything seems to be working right, at the moment.

Blog Entries

Thread Information