Thread: hello to all

Default hello to all

just joined and thought i'd say hello. i'm a long time anxiety sufferer and a long time ago i 'built' my own light and sound machine from a radio shack adjustable strobe and some ham radio amplifiers. not the most convenient or portable to say the least! i've owned several of these types of devices over the years although i can't remember the brands.

i currently have the stress eraser (thumbs down), the emwave (thumbs up) and the wild divine biofeedback game. the problem with these three devices are that i have pvc's and it freaks out the readings on both the hrv devices and the biofeedback device.

so i have turned to music and meditation and came across this latest generation of devices. i nearly ordered the innerpulse until i kept reading back and forth between it and the procyon and decided on the procyon instead. it will arrive tomorrow morning.

btw, i'd like to put i a plug for very friendly people, notably arlene, at elixa.com. the website of the folks that carry this device are some of the worst imaginable with no shipping choices and most only drop-shipping from canada, but just a simple exchange with elixa had one on its way within hours.

and, if i might ask a question (or two or three) since i'm still reading through the forum. there's no way to load mp3's on the device itself, right? if i want to use some of the cd's that are coming with my package i have to plug the procyon into a cd player, is that correct? and if i want to rip the cd's in order to put the mp3's onto a smaller player, would i have to use the uncompressed quality in order to preserve the lower frequencies? i can't imagine any compression not wiping out the low end first.

sorry for all the newbie questions. looking forward to reading the forum and hopefully maybe contributions later.

/guy

Blog Entries

Default Re: hello to all

Quote Originally Posted by gteague View Post
    the website of the folks that carry this device are some of the worst imaginable with no shipping choices and most only drop-shipping from canada, but just a simple exchange with elixa had one on its way within hours.
    /guy
    Are you talking about Mindplace? If so, keep in mind who is responsible for the manufacturing of the product, not to mention the creation and running of this forum. Finally, keep in mind that Elixa and everyone else in the U.S. gets the Mindplace products from Canada at one point.

I do agree that Elixa is an excellent company and I'm very happy that you were able to purchase one of our products from them so easily.

Also, while the product may ship from Canada, the shipping costs are reasonable and people get their product within one week ... so the Canada thing is not as big of a deal as you think it is.

This forum is not the place to complain about Mindplace, though if you do have a complaint, please feel free to send me an email or PM and I'll make sure your complaint gets addressed and hopefully resolved.

M.

Thread Information