Thread: I have a handfull of frequencies, How do I make a session out of them?

1. Question I have a handfull of frequencies, How do I make a session out of them?

Hello,

As I was cruising down the digital highway , driving aimlesly through BWE country, I bumped into this company: http://www.binaural-beats.com/binaural-beats/ And while I think that anything they can do we can do better, they left me with one question. In the CD description they mention which frequencies they use. For example:

The Inventor CD - Frequencies Used

As part of our dedication to being an open, transparent organization, here are the frequencies utilized in the production of The Inventor CD:
    4.5 Hz - Brings about Shamanic/Tibetan state of consciousness

6.5 Hz - Center of Theta frequency. Activates creative frontal lobe

7.5 Hz - Activates creative thought for art, invention, music. Problem solving

8.22 Hz - Associated with the mouth. Brings creativity

Carrier: 105 Hz - Creates complete big picture view of the situation

Carrier for phase modulated binaurals
    420 Hz - higher octave of 105 Hz, modulated with 6.5, 7.5 and 8.22 Hz
    Special effects used: flanger and chorus to help stimulate creativity
    My question is: How do I make a session from this?

More specific:

Ramps, how steep can they be? I think the default ramps are a little too long for my taste but what is the minimum time required to get to a specific frequency?

Single frequencies, but what about habituation? They mention very specific frequencies, should I maybe oscilate around them with a 1 Hz ofset, ie 6.5 Hz becomes 5.5 Hz to 7.5 Hz in the session. Or can I use the specific frequency just fine?

Time and sequence, how long should I use each frequency and in what order should I use them? From highest through to lowest or maybe the other way around? Or maybe jumping around, like a high one followed by a low one and then a high one again, ie 8.22 -> 4.5 -> 7.5 -> 6.5

Any ideas are appreciated,

Menno

Default Re: I have a handfull of frequencies, How do I make a session out of them?

Hi, Menno--

I'd like to know where these frequencies originally came from--I've seen similar lists online, very detailed, but being a skeptic myself, I'd say take them with a grain of salt. How could 8.22 Hz be associated with the mouth?

However, our systems are designed for experimentation, so you could use either the Proteus or Procyon to create sequences of binaural beats. They can ramp quickly or hop from frequency to frequency--this would also be a way to reduce habituation, i.e., stepping through a series of frequencies, dwelling at each for, say ten seconds. You could also ramp the bb frequency slowly up and down through a range (a number of our sessions do that within a specific range). Or you could treat this in a manner similar to Tom Budzynski's 'brain brightening' protocol, which tended to randomize the sequence in which a given frequency is presented (though I suspect at least a few seconds at each frequency would produce better effects).

I saw a piece online recently, from USA Today as I recall, that discussed the binaural beat-based 'digital drugs' being hawked by several vendors--CDs with various binaural beats, primarily, with some questionable claims. On the other hand, maybe they have a secret lab where all of this is being tested (aside in their customer's heads)?

Hope this helps!

Robert

Thread Information