Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to enhance a self help book with AVS?

1. Lightbulb How to enhance a self help book with AVS?

Hello,

I've bought a self help book. Like I don't have enough of those lying around. <Looks around at the ominous sound of creaking from a library bursting at the seams>

But what I want to know is: How can I make the most of this one with the use of AVS? Are there ways to increase its effectiveness? Or to even help with getting through the book without getting stuck halfway and giving up. Making the process of reading/concentrating easier? Helping with focus during exercises. Getting the information to sink in.

In other words could you please tell me each and every way that you use an AVS machine to read, learn and make the changes the book suggests?

Thanks in advance,

Menno

2. Default Re: How to enhance a self help book with AVS?

Interesting question, GreenDragon. I hope somebody can find an answer for the use of the Procyon sessions too!

You better reinforce that library. We wouldnt want any damage to your brain from those darn big self help books! Imagine the irony
    Is ?ireannaigh m?

Blog Entries

Default Re: How to enhance a self help book with AVS?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenDragon View Post
    Hello,

I've bought a self help book. Like I don't have enough of those lying around. <Looks around at the ominous sound of creaking from a library bursting at the seams>

But what I want to know is: How can I make the most of this one with the use of AVS? Are there ways to increase its effectiveness? Or to even help with getting through the book without getting stuck halfway and giving up. Making the process of reading/concentrating easier? Helping with focus during exercises. Getting the information to sink in.

In other words could you please tell me each and every way that you use an AVS machine to read, learn and make the changes the book suggests?

Thanks in advance,

Menno
    You can use one of the Theta programs after reading a chapter and let the information get integrated into your unconscious. Your unconscious needs to process new information so P 23 between chapters should help.

You could use the Proteus with just the headphones on P20 or P42 while reading the chapter. That may help increase focus and concentration.

M.

4. Default Re: How to enhance a self help book with AVS?

Thank you Marisa, I'll go and do what you suggested.

Menno
    Last edited by GreenDragon; 09-04-2008 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Typo

5. Default Re: How to enhance a self help book with AVS?

Quote Originally Posted by Marisa View Post
    You can use one of the Theta programs after reading a chapter and let the information get integrated into your unconscious. Your unconscious needs to process new information so P 23 between chapters should help.

You could use the Proteus with just the headphones on P20 or P42 while reading the chapter. That may help increase focus and concentration.

M.
    Any idea what the equivalent is on the Procyon, Marisa?

Thanks
    Is ?ireannaigh m?

6. Default Re: How to enhance a self help book with AVS?

M.
    Oh my, this works very well indeed. I can recall the information I have read way better this way than I ever could before. I don't know how long that will last, since you are known to lose the information graduadly. And you need to refresh it at certain intervals to more permanently retain it. But so far I consider this a definate win for BWE. And I do enjoy the reading more, since I know I can look forward to a relaxing break with P 23 after a chapter (or two in this case, they were short chapters).

This does lead to another question. Would this work before going to sleep at night? There have been some suggestions to not use a theta session right before going to sleep.

And then there is the next question <Oh my does this guy ever give up > I know now that the information is better absorbed this way. But since I am trying to get a change in behaviour are there ways to use the Proteus there after I read the information?

Thanks again Marisa for your answers,

Menno

Blog Entries

Hi Green Dragon,

Oh my, this works very well indeed. I can recall the information I have read way better this way than I ever could before. I don't know how long that will last, since you are known to lose the information gradually. And you need to refresh it at certain intervals to more permanently retain it. But so far I consider this a definite win for BWE. And I do enjoy the reading more, since I know I can look forward to a relaxing break with P 23 after a chapter (or two in this case, they were short chapters).
    Thanks for getting back to us about your results. That's awesome!

This does lead to another question. Would this work before going to sleep at night? There have been some suggestions to not use a theta session right before going to sleep.
    Hmmm I wonder why someone would say not to use Theta before going to sleep as your brain naturally goes into a Theta state before you fall asleep. Maybe they meant to say don't use Theta (during the day) if you are tired because you will fall asleep?

Anyway, to answer your question. The best programs to use before going to sleep are the "Deep Rest" programs, which are P 43 to P47. The main difference between these sessions is the length of time.

And then there is the next question <Oh my does this guy ever give up > I know now that the information is better absorbed this way. But since I am trying to get a change in behavior are there ways to use the Proteus there after I read the information?
    I love it when people ask questions. It keeps my information current in my mind. So by all means ... keep on asking!

After you read the information, you can do a quick alpha theta program to integrate the information into your mind. For example P 23.

Since you are trying to change a behavior what you can do during your session (or after) is to visualize yourself in various situations using the new (desired) behavior. This also helps your brain to get use to the new behavior and makes the change more natural. The more you can practice new behaviors in your mind, the quicker you will adopt the new behavior. Changing a behavior is like learning a new skill and mental rehearsal is a good way to practice.

If you have difficulty visualizing, then describe the situation to yourself and talk your way through. It would be like an internal narrative. I hope this makes sense.

Thanks again Marisa for your answers,
    It is truly - my pleasure.

M.

8. Default Re: How to enhance a self help book with AVS?

Oh my, this works very well indeed. I can recall the information I have read way better this way than I ever could before. I don't know how long that will last, since you are known to lose the information graduadly. And you need to refresh it at certain intervals to more permanently retain it. But so far I consider this a definate win for BWE. And I do enjoy the reading more, since I know I can look forward to a relaxing break with P 23 after a chapter (or two in this case, they were short chapters).
    Wow, these are some amazing results! I'm going to have to try this for myself

Marisa, would you mind telling me what sessions to use on the Procyon? Thank you.
    Is ?ireannaigh m?

9. Default Re: How to enhance a self help book with AVS?

Hi Green Dragon,

Hmmm I wonder why someone would say not to use Theta before going to sleep as your brain naturally goes into a Theta state before you fall asleep. Maybe they meant to say don't use Theta (during the day) if you are tired because you will fall asleep?
    No, the going reasoning was that a theta session can give you the equivalent of up to four hours of sleep. Which could make it difficult to fall asleep after you, in effect, had some sleep. At least that was what I've read. But apperently not here

Anyway, to answer your question. The best programs to use before going to sleep are the "Deep Rest" programs, which are P 43 to P47. The main difference between these sessions is the length of time.
    Thanks for these tips, but my question was actually could I read with said programs and than integrate the information with program 23 right before going to sleep. I like to read before going to sleep, it relaxes. But I read mainly fiction before going to sleep. If I change to non fiction with the intent to remember and using BWE I might interfere with sleeping rhythms?

Since you are trying to change a behavior what you can do during your session (or after) is to visualize yourself in various situations using the new (desired) behavior. This also helps your brain to get use to the new behavior and makes the change more natural. The more you can practice new behaviors in your mind, the quicker you will adopt the new behavior. Changing a behavior is like learning a new skill and mental rehearsal is a good way to practice.

If you have difficulty visualizing, then describe the situation to yourself and talk your way through. It would be like an internal narrative. I hope this makes sense.
    It makes a lot of sense. I heard about visualising the things you want to achieve. And I've read about why visualisation works. But I don't see anything if I close my eyes. That is why I wanted to have goggles with my BWE. I do see "patterns" in the flashing lights. But what you mention about describing the situation verbally is something I didn't think off. Would that have an equally strong effect visualising does? Verbal and visual might use different hemispheres of the brain. And I believe visualising helped with integrating the two.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by G-ice View Post
    Wow, these are some amazing results! I'm going to have to try this for myself

Marisa, would you mind telling me what sessions to use on the Procyon? Thank you.
    Try any of the Visualization programs (40 - 45)

M.

Thread Information