Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AS Designer1.02 DEMO question

Default AS Designer1.02 DEMO question

so I figured out how to feed it the correct wav type, and I am starting to fiddle with setting nodes

when I try to play back a segment of my wav I can only play 30 seconds at a time and it stops!

Is this a DEMO feature? Do I not have total control of the program yet?

also the Save feature is grayed out?

I/O error 103 when I try to save .asd file
    Last edited by 2fires; 08-27-2008 at 06:02 AM.

Default Re: AS Designer1.02 DEMO question

Hi, 2fires--

Yes, it is a demo program, and apparently is no longer being developed; I wrote Tomas Cerny of TCSoftworks regarding licensing costs for the full version, but haven't received a response yet, except that he doesn't intend to update it to work with Vista.

It's a bit more laborious, but I've used audio editing programs like Sound Forge to create a long 19.2 khz sine wave, then select regions and modulate them at various frequencies (and to change volume/amplitude). You then would need to combine this with the WAV file.

It appears that it may be possible to use the freeware Audacity as well; the latest beta of this multitrack software allows you to create the 19.2 khz tone on one track, while the WAV file is on another; it appears that the 'tremolo' effect could then be used to pulse the lights. Just select successive regions. This would be limited to 'hopping' from one frequency to another, rather than ramping--but its free and easy to use!

-Robert

3. Default Re: AS Designer1.02 DEMO question

Tomas Cerny's TC Softworks website is completely down and gone.

The website of the developers of Audistrobe still has downloadable Audiostrobe licencee forms, and AS Designer in their shopping cart system at 499 Euro, and yet they do not answer emails regarding purchase and availability of AS Designer. Would anyone allow 499 Euro to go through their credit card on their website in that situation ?

There are currently about 20 or so AS CD's available. I think there is still so much that can be done in the field of Audistrobe encoded music..probably more towards music with stronger entrainment properties but with an aesthetic entertainment level as well.

AS Designer is the only commercial software that facilitates programming AS events with music, so I think this is a sorry situation for the future of AS development if AS Designer is no longer available even at that price.

Is not hard to see how Audisotrobe works. Just load in a blank WAV file in AS Designer, setup what parameters you want to study and render, then study it under zoom in an audioeditor.

Perhaps the inventors of Audiostrobe will licence someone else to make another program if Tomas Cerny does not want to sell his anymore?

It looks like my copy of Adobe Audition may come in more handy than I thought!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by synaesthesia View Post
    Perhaps the inventors of Audiostrobe will licence someone else to make another program if Tomas Cerny does not want to sell his anymore?
    Can't AS discs be made with NeroProgrammer2? (http://www.transparentcorp.com/products/np/)

-Andy.

6. Default Re: AS Designer1.02 DEMO question

AS Designer allows you to create any kind of specific audiostrobe event and position it right down to a small fraction of a second with the associated wave file in maximum zoom level. Most commercial AS discs would have been done with AS Designer I thought Neuroprogrammer was more for creating larger scale events like ramps etc. which would be more suitable for entrainment rather then enternainment.

Thanks , I'll download and have another look at the Neuroprogrammer 2 demo

I think if a software's original coder stops caring about his product its time for a serial number crack

too bad I don't know how to do that....

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Austin View Post
    It's a bit more laborious, but I've used audio editing programs like Sound Forge to create a long 19.2 khz sine wave, then select regions and modulate them at various frequencies (and to change volume/amplitude). You then would need to combine this with the WAV file.
    Hey Robert

This sounds like an avenue I need more awareness of

I have Adobe Audition and I suppose somewhere it will let me create sine wave which I can run on a track along side the left and right audio - does it all go down to mono in the end??

can you please go into more detail about selecting regions, what frequencies for which effect, any of that?

I must admit I am a total noob to trying my hand at understanding this heady stuff, it is my tendency to bang my head against things until Grokking Is

now if it was written in php I'd be OK......

Patrick
    http://www.madisonleathersmith.com

also do you have any information about what is a .ASD format?

is this something I can open in notepad?

does it stand for audio signal device or something?
    Last edited by 2fires; 08-29-2008 at 08:37 AM.

10. Default Re: AS Designer1.02 DEMO question

I'd guess .ASD stands for Audiostrobe Designer.

Thread Information