Thread: Is there a way?

Lightbulb Is there a way?

I have discovered a very interesting method to achieve a very quick trance/sleep condition.

It basically involves closing your eyes and then about every 10 seconds, you have to open and then close you eyes quickly, like a reverse blink.
    Eventually you will find that you have slipped into a dream state, and you will not remember when you last did your reverse blink.

I was wondering can the proteus be programmed so that a light will flash every 10 seconds. It would be interesting to see if the same can be achieved with just light.

Rob

Blog Entries

Default Re: Is there a way?

Quote Originally Posted by robchoc View Post
    I have discovered a very interesting method to achieve a very quick trance/sleep condition.

It basically involves closing your eyes and then about every 10 seconds, you have to open and then close you eyes quickly, like a reverse blink.
    Eventually you will find that you have slipped into a dream state, and you will not remember when you last did your reverse blink.
    It also works to induce a deeper hypnotic state. We can do a similar thing in hypnosis by speeding up and slowing down the speed of our voice.

I was wondering can the Proteus be programmed so that a light will flash every 10 seconds. It would be interesting to see if the same can be achieved with just light.
    Yes, you can program the Proteus to do this. In the program you would run a few segments with the lights off and the another segment with the lights on and so forth. There may be some other ways to do this as well.

M.
    Last edited by Andy; 09-19-2006 at 03:18 AM. Reason: (fixed quote)

3. Default Re: Is there a way?

Hi,

the answer is actually no.

You can turn the light and sound completely off - OK. (special segments)

But you can not turn the light "constantly" on - not OK.

You can, however take a fast modulated light or sound - say upper limit of 50 Hz - and turn that on or off. The light and sound will be fast pulsing while it is on. Is that OK for you?

Maybe a better idea would be a digital metronome. Or some freeware programming of your pc.

K.R.

MindMan
    Last edited by Andy; 04-28-2011 at 02:27 PM.

All I am after is a quick flash about every 10 seconds, sound is not needed for this experiment.

Rob

5. Default Re: Is there a way?

Hi,

then do as Marisa wrote.

Session comes here.

/ MindMan
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Andy; 04-28-2011 at 02:26 PM.

I think you've motivated our engineer to modify the Proteus to achieve this goal--he should have a new software version ready very soon with this added capability--at least in approximation.

--Robert

That is great news, thanks for your help and advice everyone.

Why stop at 10 seconds.

It could be a great tool for meditation with longer delays.

Directions: The meditation series was designed for those learning to silence their internal mental chatter for longer and longer periods of time, a skill necessary for OBE.

Sit or lie down, relax, and quiet your mind. To keep your thoughts clear, simply listen in expectation of the musical tone and light flash, which repeats every 15 seconds.
    As you grow more proficient at keeping your mind clear for 15 seconds at a time, advance to the 30-second program, then the 45-second program, etc., until you are able to keep your mind completely clear of internal mental dialogue for at least 3 minutes at a time.

Once one reaches the proficiency of 3 minutes with a clear mind, holding the mind clear beyond that point won't take much more learning skill. Because of this, a descending triad of notes sounds at the 3-minute mark for each of the pulsed programs in an effort for the listener to gauge increasing skill level and the passage of time.

I am very excited by the possibilities of this now.

It will be a very powerful tool for meditators and people who have to keep track of timings. Let me explain.

In some meditations you have a set sequence to follow, for example.

Relax Body
    Deep Breathing
    Colour Breathing
    Clear Mind

The proteus could be programmed to help with this by helping with the timings. Therefore the session would run as follows:

You have to relax your body for 10 minutes (Proteus would flash/beep after 10 minutes)
    Next you have to work on deep breathing for 3 minutes (Proteus would flash/beep after 3 minutes)
    After that you have to visualise colour breathing for 2 minutes (Proteus would flash/beep after 2 minutes)
    Finally you have to clear you mind for 3 minutes (Proteus would flash/beep after 3 minutes and go into a program to wake you up)

So in the end you have a program on the Proteus that runs as follows:

Proteus beeps and flashes a certain pattern to let you know that the program is working. After 10 minutes you would get a beep/flash, after another 3 minutes you would get a beep/flash, after another 2 minutes you would get a beep/flash and finaly you get a beep flash and a wakeup pattern after 3 minutes.

Would this be possible?

How about the Ganzfield Effect?

For this we need the Red light on all the time, not flashing.

The ganzfield effect is a sort of mini-isolation chamber. It turns out that the mind reacts better to a blank but steadily-lit field for sensory deprivation than it does to darkness. Many light and sound mind machines have a setting to produce the ganzfield effect, and at least one, the Tranquilite, is just for the ganzfield effect.

Many thanks
    Rob
    Last edited by robchoc; 09-25-2006 at 08:44 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by robchoc View Post
    That is great news, thanks for your help and advice everyone.

Why stop at 10 seconds.

It could be a great tool for meditation with longer delays.
    I'm guessing that this is a different way of using the Proteus - outside of the BWE process?

I'm curious as to why you would choose a more difficult way of achieving a deep meditative state when you could use the Proteus (i.e. P11) and work with your brain waves in getting there easier and quicker.

M.

Hi Marsia, it's just a technique that is used to induce an out of the body experience.

Will dig out some more info, when I have some time.

Rob

Thread Information