Thread: Brain Brightening questions

1. Default Brain Brightening questions

Hello,

I've seen the term Brain Brightening mentioned in this forum and on several other places. But I can't find the theory behind it. As far as I can see Brain Brightening is a session that jumps randomly, or maybe semi randomly, across the whole brainwave range (4Hz to 50 Hz or so). In the Library of this forum there is also a link to a page describing a (suposedly) pRoshi session that also jumps semi randomly acros a large range of brainwaves. What I can't understand is how it should work. Because somewhere it is mentioned that for session design you should take at least one minute for every Hz of change. So if I wanted to go from 15 Hz to 5 Hz I should program at least 10 minutes to do that. Another source claims that if you start listening to a certain frequency it takes the brain six minutes before it is in synq with that frequency. How then could such fast frequency changes have any effect? Doesn't the brain just ignore them?

Can anyone help me get some theory behind this Brain Braightening?

Thanks in advance,

Menno

Blog Entries

Default Re: Brain Brightening questions

Hi Menno;

Have you read this thread? http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...?p=702#post702

It has quite a bit of information about the "Brain Brightening" session.

-Andy.

3. Default Re: Brain Brightening questions

Thanks Andy,

I had read that thread, I thought, and that was what triggered my questions. But what I hadn't seen was that it was a thread with several pages. I now have read through it and it does answer my questions.

But the question that still stands is if there is more detailed info out there. Because in my search on the internet, I have seen therapists offering Brain Brightening sessions and I was wondering if there was any specific research done to prove the effectiveness of this technique.

Menno

Blog Entries

Default Re: Brain Brightening questions

Quote Originally Posted by GreenDragon View Post
    Thanks Andy,

But the question that still stands is if there is more detailed info out there. Because in my search on the internet, I have seen therapists offering Brain Brightening sessions and I was wondering if there was any specific research done to prove the effectiveness of this technique.

Menno
    I did a quick google search and found bits and pieces. I haven't seen it mentioned in any of the AVS research or books that I've read. I don't know very much about that specific subject. Sorry.

M.

Thread Information