Thread: The REM Dreamer

1. Default The REM Dreamer

Hello,

Has anyone used an REM Dreamer? They advertise the possibility to experience lucid dreaming with ease. I would be very interested in experiencing this myself so if anyone has used any devices they could recommend, or any other methods, please do so

Thanks,
    Graham
    Is ?ireannaigh m?

Default Re: The REM Dreamer

Not here, but you might wanna check out this for reading, i found it pretty interesting:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dream

I used to be able to do the WILD technique described there when i was much younger ..would definitely like to get the hang of this again too

Hi folks,
    some years ago i bought a Nova Dreamer its almost the same as the REM ,it was rather expensive however .It worked very well ,however i soon found i didnt need it as once you start lucid dreaming you very quickly develope stratagies to promote the process.The hard part of lucid dreaming is to stay lucid and not drop back into normal dreaming .the lucid dream "world" is just as real as the normal waking state for example if you try to do a reality check by pinching yourself it hurts just as if you are awake,a good test is to look at something like a digital watch ,look away and then look back it rarely displays the same thing.Movement seems to strengthen the dream scene, such as spinning .One thing to remember if you do start to practice lucid dreaming is a quote from the film The Matrix, "Why didnt i take the blue pill"
    Some top books on the subject as follows.
    Lucid Dreaming by Stephen Laberge.
    Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming by S Laberge and Howard Rheingold.
    The Lucid Dreamer by Malcolm Godwin isbn 1-85230-610-6.
    If you read any of these follow the methods and dont have a lucid dream you probably havent a pulse!!best of luck .
    Regards Coypu.
    p.s the first time i had one it was quite a shock, a pleasant one ime pleased to say.

4. Default Re: The REM Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by Half-Dead View Post
    Not here, but you might wanna check out this for reading, i found it pretty interesting:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dream

I used to be able to do the WILD technique described there when i was much younger ..would definitely like to get the hang of this again too
    I wasn't aware of the Wiki page containing the different techniques. This will come in handy That's cool how you could get lucid dreams before. Are they worth looking into, in your opinion, or just overhyped?

Quote Originally Posted by coypu
    Hi folks,
    some years ago i bought a Nova Dreamer its almost the same as the REM ,it was rather expensive however .It worked very well ,however i soon found i didnt need it as once you start lucid dreaming you very quickly develope stratagies to promote the process.
    Hello Coypu,

Sounds like a good device! I might be interested in the REM dreamer sometime so this kind of feedback is very helpful, thanks! Is it worth buying then if it is only necessary for a short while? Or would sticking to the books be better?

the lucid dream "world" is just as real as the normal waking state for example if you try to do a reality check by pinching yourself it hurts just as if you are awake,a good test is to look at something like a digital watch ,look away and then look back it rarely displays the same thing.
    Last week I had a very vivid dream. I looked at the digital time on my television and it read 16:54. I turned away and back again and it read 16:56. Instead of realising I was dreaming I just stared at it and thought to myself "Hmm there must be something wrong with the clock"! :L

Some top books on the subject as follows.
    Lucid Dreaming by Stephen Laberge.
    Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming by S Laberge and Howard Rheingold.
    The Lucid Dreamer by Malcolm Godwin isbn 1-85230-610-6.
    If you read any of these follow the methods and dont have a lucid dream you probably havent a pulse!!best of luck .
    Very helpful man, thank you!
    Is ?ireannaigh m?

Quote Originally Posted by G-ice View Post
    That's cool how you could get lucid dreams before. Are they worth looking into, in your opinion, or just overhyped?
    I barely remember, i was like 13 years old, i just remember that i found them funny & cool, sorta like instead of going to the cinema, you just make your own movie

The way i used to do it is when going to bed, let my mind drift & then try to catch images that form and visualize on them, then imagine where the events lead to, and so on ..then after a while it was like playing in your own movie.

Tho nowadays i can rarely ever even remember what i dream

Thread Information