Thread: Proteus use with adhd

Default Proteus use with adhd

Hi I just received my proteus/thoughtstream combo and was wondering if anyone has had experience using them with a child to help improve his/her adhd symptoms. I would like to use some sort of protocol that may be helpful with my child. Any help would be appreciated. How often should it be used?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Proteus use with adhd

Quote Originally Posted by lmbevier View Post
    Hi I just received my proteus/thoughtstream combo and was wondering if anyone has had experience using them with a child to help improve his/her adhd symptoms. I would like to use some sort of protocol that may be helpful with my child. Any help would be appreciated. How often should it be used?
    How old is your child?

M.

He is 11 years old.

Blog Entries

If you got the Mental Games with your TS, your son would benefit from playing the games: Digits, Focus and Drops.

On the Proteus, he would benefit from Programs 17 to 22. He would especially benefit from Program 20.

You can also have him listen to the Proteus on P20 (just headphones, no lights) while he does his homework. It will help him concentrate on his homework. He can also do this while he reads a book, draws or plays a video game.

Please let me know how he does.

M.

Thank You, I will try these. I did get the mental games with the TS. Do you know if there are adaptors available to hook up the TS and proteus to a computer because my computer does not have a port for the cable that came with it.

Blog Entries

Thank You, I will try these. I did get the mental games with the TS. Do you know if there are adaptors available to hook up the TS and proteus to a computer because my computer does not have a port for the cable that came with it.
    Hi there;

The Proteus comes with a black RS232 cable to connect it to a PC and the Thoughtstream uses a grey RS232 cable. The 2 different cables are not interchangeable. The grey cable is not included with the Thoughtsream unless you purchased the "Mental Games" program along with the TS.

If you do not have an RS232 (sometimes called "Serial") connector on your PC (which is quite common nowadays), you'll need to purchase a USB-RS232 adapter. These can be purchased at most computer stores.

Here is some information on getting it working if you have any difficulties. http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...hread.php?t=37 The information is geared around the Proteus, but it's the same setup for the Thoughtstream.

Follow the instructions carefully and let me know if you have any difficulties.

-Andy.

Thread Information