Thread: Newcomer seeking advise

1. Default Newcomer seeking advise

Hello to all,

I'm in need of some advise regarding the Procyon mind machine and I would deeply appreciate any help. So here it goes...

Basically, I'm seeking effective mind relaxing exercises. I've been experimenting with meditation for the past 6 months on and off but I havent found enough time with my studies to really appreciate it's effect. Now, I am going into my final year of school and I found this mind machine. What I would like to achieve from this gadget is to be able to relax and unwind because I am expecting allot of stress come the school year.

But apart from relaxing, there are a few more things I would like to gain. I am a bad sleeper, so I would like to rely on something that could greatly help me drift off in the case of a restless night (as sleep will be vital this year). So the most important thing I wish to achieve from this machine, is to rely on being able to relax which will ultimately help with my studying.

Now apart from school, I am intrigued with the whole concept of "altered state of consciousness" and I am very interested in experimenting with this. The whole idea of lucid dreaming and the like sounds amazing, so I would definitely like to mess around with it.

Personally, I am very optimistic that I will be happy with this device based on the research I have undertaken in the past few days. And I must say I am very excited to get my hands on this! But after finding this forum, I think it is important that I get some advice from people who can tell me wether or not the device can actually help me. After-all I am only a student, and the last thing I need is to blow 200 quid going into the school year!

So that's it folks. I apologize for any mistakes I may have made with grammar but it is getting quite late here in Ireland and I don't have the time (nor patience :P) to re-read! Thanks in advance
    Is ?ireannaigh m?

Default Re: Newcomer seeking advise

Hi there,
    you have proabably made one of the best investments you ever will.
    the Procyon is the hounds hangers, go through the manual and then work through the programs to see which ones work best for you.
    As an example i use program 6 for a quick mind clearing and focus,at night if i have trouble getting to sleep program 24 very rarely fails.
    Rember each brain is unique some programs have a more marked effect than others but more or less it does what it says on the can .
    If you want to explore lucid dreaming Malcolm Godwins book the Lucid Dreamer is an excelent starting place.ISBN1-85230-610-6.
    enjoy.
    Regards Coypu.

3. Default Re: Newcomer seeking advise

Hey Coypu,

Thanks for your response. I think I'll order it now :P As for your book recommendation, I'll definitely give it a go. Thanks alot -I'm going to order the Procyon now!

Edit: Nope, havent ordered it yet. My card wasnt handy at the time and now I'm on holiday. It may have been a bit of an impulse anyway. Going to the Nerofeedback section for a bit more informtion before I go ahead with it
    Last edited by G-ice; 08-12-2008 at 11:23 AM.
    Is ?ireannaigh m?

Thread Information