Thread: Procyon AudioStrobe Adustment in new Editor

1. Default Re: Procyon AudioStrobe Adustment for NeuroProgrammer2 & Mind Workstation

Can someone please explain how the "adjust audiostrobe colors and balance" in the utilities menu of the new editing software apply. Thanks.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Procyon AudioStrobe Adustment for NeuroProgrammer2 & Mind Workstation

Quote Originally Posted by howardr View Post
    Can someone please explain how the "adjust audiostrobe colors and balance" in the utilities menu of the new editing software apply. Thanks.
    Hi Howard;

The color selection determines which color of the Ganzframe will light for each AS channel.

The gain controls adjust how sensitive the AS decoder is. That is to say that if you find that the audio volume needs to be too high before you get a response from the Ganzframes you can increase these gains. (This is of help mostly in the digital AS mode. In the analog AS mode, the gain can be adjusted via the volume wheel on the Procyon).

The Set Analog Noise Floor adjustment is only for the analog AS mode. It adjusts the level at which the AS circuitry will ignore incoming signals. This is because at the lowest level the AS circuitry can respond to noise and other non-AS signals.

The Test button allows you to check and see how the new settings work while you're connected. The changes are not permanent unless you click "Save as Default".

These adjustments are for advanced AS users looking to "fine-tune" the AS settings.

-Andy.

3. Default Re: Procyon AudioStrobe Adustment in new Editor

Andy,

It appears that you can only check a total of 2 colors on one channel and 1 color on the other. Though you can do 3 colors and zero colors per channel. Is this correct?

Does this mean there is a limitation of 2 colors on one channel and then one on the other? I assume a channel is Left or Right stereo and is controled by frequencies?

What do you recommend as a default for commercial AS disks as opposed to creating in NP? I have already lost my default. I assume you need to open the editor to change setting between sessions?

Thanks.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Procyon AudioStrobe Adustment in new Editor

Quote Originally Posted by howardr View Post
    Andy,

It appears that you can only check a total of 2 colors on one channel and 1 color on the other. Though you can do 3 colors and zero colors per channel. Is this correct?
    Usually just one colour per channel is used.

I assume a channel is Left or Right stereo and is controled by frequencies?
    The are controlled by the left and right audiostrobe signals, not audible frequencies.

What do you recommend as a default for commercial AS disks as opposed to creating in NP? I have already lost my default. I assume you need to open the editor to change setting between sessions?
    I believe the default is green for left and red for right. The gain default is -10 on both channels. If you press "Save as Default" the settings will stay.

Thanks.
    You're welcome!

-Andy.

5. Default Re: Procyon AudioStrobe Adustment in new Editor

I'd guess that ganging blue and green together on one channel and red on the other would give a brighter AS experience . Will report back.

Thread Information