Thread: Installing Driver under Vista for Rev 2 Console (*OUTDATED*)

Default Installing Driver under Vista for Rev 2 Console (*OUTDATED*)

Hello,

I am running Windows Vista Home Premium on my PC. June 2008 I bought a Procyon, Console Revision 2 and tried downloading the Editor Ver 2.1.0. When I started the Editor, it couldn't find the driver. I read through the Forums and saw there is an Editor Ver 2.2. I uninstalled the Procyon software (but I didn't delete the shared files). I download the Editor Ver 2.2 and again the drivers cannot be found. I tried pointing to C:\Program Files\Procyon AVS and C:\Users\Andrew\Downloads (and clicked 'Include Subfolders'). Still no luck finding the drivers. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks,

Andrew

Blog Entries

Default Re: Drivers for Windows Vista

Hi Andrew;

We're hoping to have new drivers out in the future just for Vista, but for now you'll be using the ones that come with the 2.1.0 editor.

1. To find the drivers, after you have installed the 2.1.0 editor, you need to go to the folder called “C:\Program Files\Procyon AVS”

2. Inside there will be the “Extract Procyon CP2102Drivers.exe” file (or something like that with the letters “CP2102” in it).

3. Right-click that file, and select "Run as Administrator". It will ask you where to extract. Don't extract to your desktop, as things will get messy.

4. The default folder should be: “C:\Program Files\Procyon AVS\ProcyonCP2102Drivers” if it isn’t, then browse to that location.

5. Click “unzip”

6. Now plug in your Procyon. After a minute or so of searching by Windows, you should get the “Found new Hardware” dialog. (Slide 14)

7. Click “Locate and Install driver software (recommended)” and click “Next >” (Slide 14)

8. Click “I don’t have the disc. Show me other options.” (Slide 15)

9. Click “Browse my computer for driver software (advanced)” (Slide 16)

10. Click “Browse…” (Slide 17)

11. Browse to the folder “C:\Program Files\Procyon AVS\ProcyonCP2102Drivers” and click “Ok” (Slide 18) * Don’t worry that this slide shows a slightly different folder name than yours *

12. Click “Next >” (Slide 19) * Shows a different folder than yours in this picture, but don’t worry! *

13. Window comes up saying “Installing driver software…” (Slide 20)

14. You may get a “Windows Security” Warning. Click “Install this driver software anyway” (Slide 21)

15. If all goes well, you’ll see a window stating that the software has been successfully installed. (Slide 22)

16. When it’s finished, you will get a 2nd “Found new hardware Wizard” dialog. Go back to step 6 and follow the same procedure as above and you’ll eventually see Slide 25.

17. Now fire up the editor, select “Serial Communication/Set Com Port” and select the highest available (non-greyed out) com port.

18. Select “Serial Communication/Open Com Port”. If that doesn’t work, go to step 17 and select the next lower one.

If something goes wrong, please make a note of the error and which step you got stuck at.
    Let me know how it goes.

-Andy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Andy; 06-27-2008 at 11:29 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Remaining slides

Rest of the slides...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information