Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Procyon AudioStrobe Adustment for NeuroProgrammer2 & Mind Workstation

1. Default Re: Procyon AudioStrobe Adustment for NeuroProgrammer2 & Mind Workstation

Let me go more deep. I am still having trouble.

So I have my procyon connected to a USB port. My LED glasses are in the procyon, and there is a cable in the aux port going from it to my speaker jack. I turn on the procyon to AS, and click to analog mode. Now I am seeing some incremental flashes from the machine. When I go through the wizard in NP3, I begin hearing the feedback noise. When I begin adjusting the volume and brightness settings, I am getting no response from the goggles. They go through the same pattern regardless of setting.

What am I doing wrong? Do I have the wrong cable connected to the aux port? It is a two sided phone connector.
    Are the glasses in the wrong location? They are in the procyon like normal. The headphones go in my pc right?

Granted, this is all being done on a laptop, but it's an i7.

Another question if you all would be willing to answer:

I have an audiostrobe CD (Deep Trance Identification), but my CD/DVD drive is disabled for this laptop as it is being used by another hard drive. If I were to rip the files from the audistrobe CD, and find a way to import them into NP3, would they still work with the procyon? What is my best way of going about using the CD?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Procyon AudioStrobe Adustment for NeuroProgrammer2 & Mind Workstation

Quote Originally Posted by WanderingMind View Post
    So I have my procyon connected to a USB port.
    Disconnect the USB cable and run the Procyon using batteries or a USB power supply to make sure you don't create a ground loop.

My LED glasses are in the procyon, and there is a cable in the aux port going from it to my speaker jack.
    Speaker jack on the computer, correct?

I turn on the procyon to AS, and click to analog mode. Now I am seeing some incremental flashes from the machine. When I go through the wizard in NP3, I begin hearing the feedback noise.
    Feedback noise? What feedback noise? I think the wizard does not create any sound that you can hear, just AS signals.
    How can you be hearing anything with the audio patch cable connected into the AUX connector on the Procyon? Are you talking about hearing a sound from your headphones? The headphones should be plugged into the Procyon and you should hear nothing coming from them while testing it using the NP3 wizard.

When I begin adjusting the volume and brightness settings, I am getting no response from the goggles.
    What volume and brightness settings? In NP3 or on the Procyon?

They go through the same pattern regardless of setting.
    What is "they"? What is the "pattern" you're talking about?

I have an audiostrobe CD (Deep Trance Identification), but my CD/DVD drive is disabled for this laptop as it is being used by another hard drive. If I were to rip the files from the audistrobe CD, and find a way to import them into NP3, would they still work with the procyon?
    Yes.

What is my best way of going about using the CD?
    Ripping Audiostrobe CDs to MP3 has been discussed extensively on the forum. Please do a search for Audiostrobe MP3.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: Procyon AudioStrobe Adustment for NeuroProgrammer2 & Mind Workstation

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Disconnect the USB cable and run the Procyon using batteries or a USB power supply to make sure you don't create a ground loop.

Speaker jack on the computer, correct?
    Yes.

Feedback noise? What feedback noise? I think the wizard does not create any sound that you can hear, just AS signals.
    How can you be hearing anything with the audio patch cable connected into the AUX connector on the Procyon? Are you talking about hearing a sound from your headphones? The headphones should be plugged into the Procyon and you should hear nothing coming from them while testing it using the NP3 wizard.
    It's a subtle tone used for configuring the AS setting. It comes from my computer because the headphones are not in the headphone jack.

What volume and brightness settings? In NP3 or on the Procyon?
    The procyon responds normally if I change the headphone and brightness settings, but changing them in NP3 does nothing.I've noticed that putting in the aux cable to the speaker port does cause the LED glasses to respond, but they are not calibrating when I manipulating the settings in NP3. I have the volume up in NP3, and the speaker setting. [/quote]

What is "they"? What is the "pattern" you're talking about?
    The LED glasses are flashing in somewhat fast intervals. There are two tests for calibration in NP3:
    1 - Changing the volume setting to a point where the glasses turn off completely.
    2- Changing maximum brightness. The glasses are supposed to flash in a sine wave pattern where the lights smoothly dim and brighten. Manipulating this setting in NP3 does not change the flashes that are occurring. They blink somewhat rapidly in similar increments and occasionally go off. The glasses work fine with the presets.

Comments are in red. I'm still trying to work through it. NP3 says I may need a USB sound driver.
    Last edited by Andy; 06-12-2013 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Fix quotes

Blog Entries

Default Re: Procyon AudioStrobe Adustment for NeuroProgrammer2 & Mind Workstation

It's a subtle tone used for configuring the AS setting. It comes from my computer because the headphones are not in the headphone jack.
    This sounds like the root of the problem.
    The sound from NP3 needs to go to the Procyon. Plug the patch cable from the Procyon to the Headphone jack rather than the speaker jack. Any sound you hear should only be from the headphones connected to the Procyon headphone jack.

You did disconnect the USB cable, correct?
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

5. Default Re: Procyon AudioStrobe Adustment for NeuroProgrammer2 & Mind Workstation

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    This sounds like the root of the problem.
    The sound from NP3 needs to go to the Procyon. Plug the patch cable from the Procyon to the Headphone jack rather than the speaker jack. Any sound you hear should only be from the headphones connected to the Procyon headphone jack.

You did disconnect the USB cable, correct?

Thank you so much. That was the root of the issue. I insisted on using the speaker.

Now to work on the audiostrobe CD situation. Thank you!

Blog Entries

Glad to hear it!
    -Andy.

7. Default Re: Procyon AudioStrobe Adustment for NeuroProgrammer2 & Mind Workstation

Looks like the audiostrobe CD situation worked out as well. I simply ripped the WAV files, and played them with windows media player. I apologize for complicating everything. Being a psychology grad student doesn't help. lol

Thread Information