Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Procyon AudioStrobe Adustment for NeuroProgrammer2 & Mind Workstation

Default Procyon AudioStrobe Adustment for NeuroProgrammer2 & Mind Workstation

To NP2 and MWS users,

The new OS has greatly enhanced the AudioStrobe experience in both NeuroProgrammer2 and Mind Workstation.

The attached procedure was developed to help find the optimal AS analog settings for your computer. The procedure functions equally well on the TI (Rev 1) and SiLab (Rev 2) version Procyons.

I would like to thank CraigT in New Zealand for his assistance.

Enjoy.

- Jim
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jturner; 01-26-2009 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Update from 1.5 to 1.6

2. Default Re: Procyon AudioStrobe Adustment for NeuroProgrammer2 & Mind Workstation

Hey Jturner,

Thank you for sharing that bit of information. It's very helpful for me, as I am still considering all my options before I make a purchase of a mind machine (either Proteus or Procyon).

Would you think, with the newest frimware update, that the Procyon is now on par with other leading mind machines audioscrobe compatability?

As I've already mentioned, I am still considering all my options, so any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
    Is ?ireannaigh m?

Default Re: Procyon AudioStrobe Adustment for NeuroProgrammer2 & Mind Workstation

Quote Originally Posted by G-ice View Post
    Would you think, with the newest frimware update, that the Procyon is now on par with other leading mind machines audioscrobe compatability?
    Without any question, the answer is yes.

JTurner

4. Default Re: Procyon AudioStrobe Adustment for NeuroProgrammer2 & Mind Workstation

Well that settles that then. Cheers
    Is ?ireannaigh m?

5. Default Re: Procyon AudioStrobe Adustment for NeuroProgrammer2 & Mind Workstation

Hello,

Would you please explain what is meant by 'Mute ?Windows Sounds?, in Step 2 of the document. I use XP.

Using USB Power adapter to AC power supply or laptop USB port is not working well inspite of using 2 snap choke core 273-0067 on the USB cable connecting the Procyon. What is the difference in using 273-0067 vs 273-0069 as suggested in the document?

I connected 270-0054 ground loop isolator. In spite of best effort, I am not able to use NP2 on the HP laptop. First I adjusted the Brightness. When I set the min threshold on the AS Volume, whatever I set for NGT (went upto 10) the red LED seems to blink once-in-a-while.

Any suggestions?

Regards

Srikrishna

Default Re: Procyon AudioStrobe Adustment for NeuroProgrammer2 & Mind Workstation

I turn off all the Windows alerts and other sounds via Control Panel/Sounds and Audio Devices/Sounds, Sound Schemes: No Sounds.

Sorry I can't help with the other matters as I have no significant problems with the Procyon on any of my laptops - Acer, Asus and IBM.

Basically I connect the Procyon, running off either batteries or an external adaptor, both dials on the Procyon almost full, laptop volume almost full, then use the NP2 setup as per the Transparent instructions. I then adjust the Procyon brightness as required using whichever control brings the most pleasing results for the session I'm running.

I usually use the Procyon in Analog AS Mode. Digital AS Mode seems to need the laptop volume higher than the Analog Mode.

Hope this helps,
    Craig

Sorry to hear you are having difficulty using your HP laptop with NP2. First, do not use your laptop as a power source for the Procyon. Use a separate AC USB power adapter. They are available on Ebay for around $5 or locally.

If you think about it, connecting the laptop USB port to the Procyon and the Procyon auxiliary input to the laptop audio output creates a wonderful electrical loop. This can happen when we are using Procyon Editor and NP2. Use only one half the connection at any one time. Procyon Editor - USB to Procyon. NP2 - Laptop Audio to Procyon Aux input.

Using USB Power adapter to AC power supply or laptop USB port is not working well inspite of using 2 snap choke core 273-0067 on the USB cable connecting the Procyon. What is the difference in using 273-0067 vs 273-0069 as suggested in the document?
    I found the ground loop isolator "clamped down" on the signal passing from the computer audio output to the Procyon aux input. [Please forgive the terminology as I am not savvy in electronics.] If you are not creating the electrical loop mentioned above, in most instances, the snap choke should be sufficient on the patch cord between laptop audio output and Procyon aux input.

In spite of best effort, I am not able to use NP2 on the HP laptop. First I adjusted the Brightness. When I set the min threshold on the AS Volume, whatever I set for NGT (went upto 10) the red LED seems to blink once-in-a-while.
    The first suggestion is to use the NP2 AudioStrobe Configuration tool if you have not done so already. Second, once you have selected a NP2 session, you can control the session volume with the "System Volume Control" button. If you have stray LED blinking, try lowering the system volume a "notch" or increasing the NGT by 1 or 2 units. My guess is you have the Laptop volume set too high. A NGT level of 10 is a bit high. However, if the NGT needs to be high for a pleasing audio listening level, so be it. Everyone's situation is different.

I hope this helps in solving your problem. If not, repost.

-Jim

8. Default Re: Procyon AudioStrobe Adustment for NeuroProgrammer2 & Mind Workstation

Is there any way we can get this for Neuroprogrammer 3? I was having trouble calibrating it. I wasn't getting a response from the program sensing my procyon.

Blog Entries

I thought the procedure was the same. What exact problem are you experiencing?
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Hi Wandering Mind,

NP3 doesn't sense the Procyon - it simply passes through the NP3 audio which contains AudioStrobe. The NP3 Audiostrobe Configuration Wizard should guide you full through the process. Make sure your PC volume is set high and that NP3 otherwise sounds okay through the Procyon.

Cheers,
    Craig

Thread Information