Thread: Up dated - then no Procyon

Default Up dated - then no Procyon

Might need some help here - I have just up dated to the new OS everything was OK. But now find that the unit will not fire up. The screen tells me when the units is off but apart from a flashing DL1 that is all I am getting. When I connect the unit to my Laptop it shows up as connecting - but no unit screen is active. I tried to reload OS which worked but still nothing coming through the unit.

Any help would be great.

Gary

Default Re: Up dated - then no Procyon

A have had a play around and at times the screen shows LC1 - not sure if this helps.

spent a few hours playing and found that if I return OS back to 1.6.8 through my XP Laptop - the unit will reboot I can then upgade to 1.7.6. If I then try and up grade to 2.2 through my vista laptop...OS up grades but unit goes dead. Back to XP Laptop reboot back to 1.6.8. Then download new editor OS onto XP Laptop. In the file 2.2 is there but when I open up grade on editor only 1.7.6 is showen.

Any ideas

Gary

Blog Entries

Hi there;

Ok, first thing is that there are 2 versions of the Procyon. Rev1 and Rev2. The new editor is supposed to pick the correct OS depending on which version you have. If you use the old editor, then it does not pick and you can choose the wrong one.

Let's determine which Procyon you have.
    With the Procyon switched off, if you plug the USB cable into a powered-up PC, does the Procyon automatically switch on?

If it does automatically power itself on, you have a Rev2 Procyon. If it does not, you have a Rev1 Procyon.

The Rev1 Procyon uses OS version 1.7.6 which on your computer is a file called "PROCYON_1764.PR2".

The Rev2 Procyon uses OS version 2.1.4 which on your computer is a file called "PROCYON_2144.PR2".

Now, the editor (which is the same for both Rev1 and Rev2) is version 2.2 which on your computer has a file name "Procyon2_2_02.exe"

The when you update the OS on your Procyon, use the latest editor (2.2), but pick the OS that is correct for the type of Procyon that you have.

Use 1.7.6 for Rev1
    Use 2.1.4 for Rev2

Now, which version of Procyon do you have?

-Andy.

Hi Andy

Thanks for the reply - I appear to have Rev 1 - once I tired to up grade through XP through both 1.7.6 and 2.1.4 were in the file but when I went to up grade only 1.7.6 was shown.

So I now have a unit running 1.7.6 and all is OK. Could you let me know how 1.7.6 measures up to 2.1.4.

Thanks

Gary

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ghawke View Post
    Hi Andy

Thanks for the reply - I appear to have Rev 1 - once I tired to up grade through XP through both 1.7.6 and 2.1.4 were in the file but when I went to up grade only 1.7.6 was shown.

So I now have a unit running 1.7.6 and all is OK. Could you let me know how 1.7.6 measures up to 2.1.4.

Thanks

Gary
    That's great! Glad to hear you got it updated.

The 2 OS have the same features; there's just a difference with the ICs used in the 2 versions so they require different firmware.

-Andy.

Thread Information