Thread: Any earphone not headphone?

Default Any earphone not headphone?

Hi
    I recently purchased Procyon and received headphone, which originally came with. I tried to use my Sennheiser CX300 earphone instead of the headphone, but too much distracting background noise. I personally prefer to use ear-canal or earbud headphone. I can't imagine that I use big headphone in a library while studying.
    Are there any earphone compatible to Procyon? I tried most of my earphone, but there is too much background noise.
    Thank you.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Any earphone not headphone?

Are you talking about noise from outside or hiss from the console?

You can reduce the hiss 2 ways:
    First is to turn off the external audio input. While in a session, press the up/down button.
    You'll either see AOn or AOf on the screen (select AOf) or a number A0 to A8 if you're using the latest OS. Use A0 in that case.
    Remember to set the external audio back on if you decide to use AudioStrobe or want to send sounds or music through the Procyon via the external audio connection.

The other way is to use an inline volume control to reduce the output level of the console (and any hiss) like this: http://www.radioshack.com/sm-gold-pl...i-2102975.html

If you're talking about outside sounds, then I would suggest noise-cancelling headphones (if you have the bucks) or in-the-ear style headphones like the Sony "Fontopia" EX-71.

-Andy.

Default Re: Any earphone not headphone?

Something else you might try is using a really cheap pair of earbuds. The hissing that I've experienced using good quality headphones can be elliminated by using cheap, poor quality equipment that 'rolls off' at higher frequencies. Not great for music, but perfect for the range of frequencies produced by the Procyon.....

Thread Information