Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: gamma/hyper gamma

Talking gamma/hyper gamma

Hello fellow brainwaves has anyone created a session or two with high frequency binaural beats say 100htz and 200htz.If so what are your opinions results etc .Thanks have a fun day/night Moff

Default Re: gamma/hyper gamma

Results?? I flipped my lid!!!!

hehe...J/K.
    "Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind..."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    Hello fellow brainwaves has anyone created a session or two with high frequency binaural beats say 100htz and 200htz.If so what are your opinions results etc .Thanks have a fun day/night Moff
    I checked with Robert from Mindplace because I wasn't sure if it was possible to do this. Here is what he said on the subject:

It's not possible to do this, because differences of 100 or 200 Hz between the ears is perceived as two different pitches, possibly an interval.

In my own perception BB's disappear into the realm of discrete pitches at the high alpha range (though this depends in part on the carrier frequency--the lower it is, the smaller the possible BB range, before they are perceived as separate pitches.

You might have some fun experimenting with different carriers and beat frequencies with our nifty real-time editor software... ;-)

When it comes to carrier frequencies, I found this information: "Binaural beats are best perceived when the carrier frequency is about 440 Hertz; above that frequency they become less distinct and above about 1,000 hertz they vanish altogether. (Gerald Oster)

You can only go up to 75 hertz via the light frames on a Procyon (50 hertz on the Proteus). You can however go higher frequencies with the audio.

M.

Talking what is the highest bb

Thanks Marissa for your investigation on the binaural beats. What is the highest bbs i can create with my procyon as i am interested to enter the realms of Gamma ,Hyper gamma and would love to know if its possible to do with the editor .I have created a session where i have off set the tone in each ear by the marge of 100 and 200 beats it seems to have not a bad effect but as you have found out maybe its just two tones constant.
    Also what is a carrier wave ?and If i go 100 up in one ear from 440hz is that a bb level of 100 htz !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????, phewwwwwwww!!!!
    Ta very much Adrian

Blog Entries

Default Re: what is the highest bb

Thanks Marissa for your investigation on the binaural beats. What is the highest bbs i can create with my Procyon as i am interested to enter the realms of Gamma ,Hyper gamma and would love to know if its possible to do with the editor .I have created a session where i have off set the tone in each ear by the marge of 100 and 200 beats it seems to have not a bad effect but as you have found out maybe its just two tones constant.
    You are correct in that you are justing getting the two tones. Remember, when it comes to Binaural Beats, you get the best results with Alpha and below. Binaural Beats work best in the lower frequencies.

You can still experiment with Gamma by cranking up the frequencies on your light frames, which go up to 75Hz (which is well into Gamma and then some). You don't need binaural beats to experience this.

Also what is a carrier wave ?and If i go 100 up in one ear from 440hz is that a bb level of 100 htz !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????, phewwwwwwww!!!!
    Ta very much Adrian
    No, theoretically it would be a BB of 340. If you go 540 and 440, that is a theoretical binaural 100. But ... since BBs don't work at that high of a frequency ... it's a moot point.

A carrier wave is the sound (frequency) that you hear. The frequencies e frequencies that affect your brain can only be perceived and not be heard. The frequencies that affect your brain are in a range below what you can hear.

Hope this helps. If not ... keep asking.

M.

Talking Re: what is the highest bb

Thanks for explaining all the facts Marisa i was trying to create a session that would take me into certain states Buddhist monks do, that is gamma and hypergamma also lamda .These states have been recorded when they meditate and is what they reach when walkin for days scantilly clad through the snow melting the surrounding snow.Well i will leave those realms alone and in the heads of those Jedi of Tibet who dont use the lazy mans/womens instant meditation techniques to simulate what has taken them time and patience to develop. Thanks again all the best Adrian (moff).

Blog Entries

Thanks for explaining all the facts Marisa i was trying to create a session that would take me into certain states Buddhist monks do, that is gamma and hypergamma also lamda .These states have been recorded when they meditate and is what they reach when walkin for days scantilly clad through the snow melting the surrounding snow.Well i will leave those realms alone and in the heads of those Jedi of Tibet who dont use the lazy mans/womens instant meditation techniques to simulate what has taken them time and patience to develop. Thanks again all the best Adrian (moff).
    I've read (in various studies) that the Buddhist monks while meditating are in an Alpha state (8-11 Hz). What's different about the state they are in and a regular person when meditating is that a sort of hyper-awareness occurs - which then allows them to do all kinds of interesting things.

The state of mind that you may be wanting to access is Alpha.

I was just talking to a friend of mine, who is into meditating and attaining these states as well. I'll see if I can lure him into this conversation.

Thanks for bringing it up!

M.

Quote Originally Posted by Marisa View Post
    I've read (in various studies) that the Buddhist monks while meditating are in an Alpha state (8-11 Hz). What's different about the state they are in and a regular person when meditating is that a sort of hyper-awareness occurs - which then allows them to do all kinds of interesting things.

The state of mind that you may be wanting to access is Alpha.

I was just talking to a friend of mine, who is into meditating and attaining these states as well. I'll see if I can lure him into this conversation.

Thanks for bringing it up!

M.
    Hi Moff,
    I have to take issue with Marisa over this.

Truth is, she is a really good internet friend and we are both working to align her very strong background in this area with my direct experiences that are not quite synchronised.

I strongly recommend reading through:
    http://mindplacesupport.com/Downloads/REF_Alternity.pdf
    On page 34 there is a table that Bruce uses to summarise the effects of differing stimulus. The areas that I relate to the effects of Zen study are (edited from table):
    Lucid consciousness - 8 to 5 Hz
    deep satisfaction
    intense alertness
    calmness & detachment
    and:
    New way of feeling - below 4 Hz
    intuitive insight
    synthesis of opposites
    into higher unity

The table has another field giving further relevant comment.

I'm finding that I see things that correspond to Bruce's descriptions by using either Holosync and Imramma Focus binaural audio tracks. These claim to use delta stimulus. I've not found the same effects using any of the inbuilt Procyon sessions.

My personal viewpoint is that meditation cultivates much better usage of the brain over time. This includes forming many new neural connections between left and right hemispheres. AVS and binaural audio (I believe) massively accelerate this process but there is still a time period for the major part to occur which is measured in months (rather than years as in traditional meditation).
    I also suspect that the balance between the dominant stimulus region and the other regions is a very strong factor.

My focus will be on finding what the audio is actually doing in terms of effective stimulus so that I can generate an AVS replicator. AVS is far more forceful which is good if you wish to save time or top up the aftereffects during the day.

In relation to Gamma stimulus I would expect you to find this very stressful. If you find this to be the case then I recommend trying either some concurrent Alpha at a lower level or to cycle between the Gamma and Alpha states.
    I would also suggest that having found something that is giving effect that you persist using it over time to allow your neurons to develop as a result of the new stimulus.

Hope you find something useful in this
    Bob

Thumbs up Re: gamma/hyper gamma

BOB thanks for sharing your knowledge with me i will give that pdf a good look over Allan Watts i see is mentioned in the opening pages (well his name) what a bloke.I understand that Gamma is a high level frequency and you could associate its effects with over use of Beta stressful that is.I only pursued this idea as i found a few researches where "scientists" cough! have measured brainwave freq in Buddhist monks revealing they enter into the Gamma states and higher.Anyway as i posted earlier i also found out that these Gamma states ride on the back of the Epsillon range have you any expierience or knowledge of this range effects etc 05 htz and below.I have also used the first Awakening set of Holosync and found it resurfaced alot of buried stuff in my subconscious. Thanks again for your reply and all the best sincerely Adrian (moff).

Hello, all--

There has been some relatively recent publications which indicate that long-term meditation can increase gamma synchrony; gamma oscillations are though by some researchers to allow oscillating networks in the brain to 'bind' together for brief periods of time.

One of these studies can be accessed here:

http://www.pnas.org/cgi/reprint/101/46/16369

Just click the "PDF" link to view the paper.

Although it's not possible to use binaural beats to increase gamma synchrony, it could be possible to use flickering light to do so, and I hope that some intrepid researchers are studying this now.

-Robert

Thread Information