Thread: Looping Sessions?

1. Default Looping Sessions?

Hello all,

Is there any way to loop or repeat a standard session continuously? I have read in the forum that this is possible within the audiostrobe "AS" mode, but I really enjoy the synthesizer like frequencies produced by the Proteus itself and would like to find a simple way to loop my favorite sessions and keep the unit from turning itself off.

Thanks for any advice

Blog Entries

Default Re: Looping Sessions?

I'm not an expert in Proteus Programming (ok, I've never done it...) but it seems to me that if you load up one of the factory sessions that you like into the editor, you should be able to loop the parts you like.

At least I think so...

Any Proteus programmers out there can confirm or deny???

-A

3. Default Re: Looping Sessions?

Hi,
    thanks for the response to my question. I guess what Im after is a little bit different than my normal Proteus experience. I would like to have a way to automatically repeat the entire session after it has ended, without pressing any buttons.

The looping question I submitted is one part of a larger project I am working on, trying to take the personal stroboscopic experience into a group activity. I have built a large LED lamp full of red and green LEDs that are triggered by the Proteus handset. This project was inspired by the early analogue "dream machines" invented by artist Brion Gysin. He spun cardboard cutouts around light bulbs to make a pulsing light environment for his friends to relax in. I would like to update this idea with the digital version controlled by the Proteus.

I would like to set up the lamp in a room and just leave it continuously playing a session, letting people come in and sit down and relax for a while. If anyone has ideas or techniques for automatically repeating one or multiple sessions please let me know.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Looping Sessions?

I don't think it's possible with the Proteus. Perhaps someone who's an expert programmer knows of a way with that console...

However, the Procyon can definitely have loops created that would run for a very very long time, but you would have to create your own session in the editor for that.
    It would be very easy to modify any of the existing programs to make them run as long as you like. There are 32 loops possible with each loop repeating up to 32 times, and each loop containing anywhere from 1 to all segments. So, very simply you could edit a session, add a loop that goes from beginning to end and loop it 32 times and have it ready to go in a matter of minutes.

-Andy.

Thread Information