Thread: Discharging negative emotions / energy

Default Discharging negative emotions / energy

Hi all,

I discovered some years ago (via info in books) that negative emotions build up and store a charge in the body (which apparently can be measured), but that there is a method one can use to help discharge the feeling. Essentially one acknowledges the feeling rather than resists it, and you try to feel it as much as possible in your body. With me, this results in a nervous, quivering feeling in parts of my body as I hold the negative thought, memory and emotion. Sometimes, it genuinely works and you feel some relief, like the charge has lifted away.

Is anyone aware of any refinements to my technique, and are there any mind machine programs which would help to use at the same time, or in general for releasing negative build ups? (I have a Procyon).

Many thanks,

Ghoul

Blog Entries

Default Re: Discharging negative emotions / energy

Hi Ghoul,

Quote Originally Posted by Holographic Ghoul View Post
    Hi all,

I discovered some years ago (via info in books) that negative emotions build up and store a charge in the body (which apparently can be measured), but that there is a method one can use to help discharge the feeling. Essentially one acknowledges the feeling rather than resists it, and you try to feel it as much as possible in your body. With me, this results in a nervous, quivering feeling in parts of my body as I hold the negative thought, memory and emotion. Sometimes, it genuinely works and you feel some relief, like the charge has lifted away.

Is anyone aware of any refinements to my technique, and are there any mind machine programs which would help to use at the same time, or in general for releasing negative build ups? (I have a Procyon).

Many thanks,

Ghoul
    Any of the alpha based programs (P 40-45) will help with the elimination of negative feelings.

Here is a procedure you can after an AVS session. I think it would be difficult to do this during an AVS session because the lights may be a distraction to your visualization. The AVS session, however, can put you into the best frame of mind to do this work.

Journey Line Peel

1. Imagine your past, present and future in the shape of a journey line (a path). Notice that there is a point of Conception (C) and a point that is the Present (P).

2. Imagine yourself floating above your journey line and notice how unwanted negative emotions are shown by dark spots between the C point and the P point.

3. Floating above the P, move toward C. Notice that you can easily move all the dark spots to one side of the journeyline noting all of the learnings. (There are always learnings and all you need to do at this point is be aware that your unconscious is aware of the learnings).

4. Gather all the learnings as you move toward C and place them where you can easily access them.

5. At C, turn toward the P. Using a roll of sticky tape (imagine), tape down all of the dark spots as you comfortably move toward the P.

6. When you reach the P, take the end of the tape and quickly rip up the tape (as you would when you are removing lint from a sweater with tape). Take the taped spots, crumple them into a ball and throw them a) into the void; or b) into the distant sun.

7. Fill the remaining holes with peace (love). Return to the present.
    Last edited by Andy; 05-28-2008 at 03:59 PM.

Hi Marisa,

Many thanks for the reply. I'll be interested to try programs 40-45 as not tried those ones in depth yet, so I look forward to experimenting.

I've always been poor at visualisations, but perhaps if I make the effort to memorize this, it will be easier. It sounds good. Thanks for all the info, very interesting -

HG

Blog Entries

Hi HG,

Quote Originally Posted by Holographic Ghoul View Post
    Hi Marisa,

Many thanks for the reply. I'll be interested to try programs 40-45 as not tried those ones in depth yet, so I look forward to experimenting.

I've always been poor at visualisations, but perhaps if I make the effort to memorize this, it will be easier. It sounds good. Thanks for all the info, very interesting -

HG
    That's okay, you don't have to be good at visualizations to get the benefit from the exercise.

You can describe the procedure to yourself as if you were giving the instructions to a blind person. If it helps, you can even act it out - for example, laying a string on the floor to represent your journey line and pretending to move the negative emotions and laying the tape etc. It doesn't matter if it feels real or not, the unconscious will pick it up.

With NLP, there are different modes of delivery to communicate with the u/c mind and do some work and still get good results.

M.

Thread Information