Thread: TurboSonix

Default TurboSonix

Hi

I've noticed on a couple of sites selling the Proteus the claim that it is compatible with TurboSonix and AudioStrobe CD's.

So I have two questions:

Is the Proteus compatible with TurboSonix?

and

What is TurboSonix? LOL

Actually while I'm here is there a setting to play a cd and have the Proteus create a light show,purely for entertainment?

Anyway,that's quite enough questions from me, back to my wonderful littlle mind machine.

Rob.

Blog Entries

Default Re: TurboSonix

Hi Bobbo,

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbo
    Hi

I've noticed on a couple of sites selling the Proteus the claim that it is compatible with TurboSonix and AudioStrobe CD's.
    Do you mean Photosonix?

Is the Proteus compatible with TurboSonix?
    Yes, if you mean Photosonix. Not sure about TurboSonix ... You could email the dealer on the site you saw it advertised and ask them.

What is TurboSonix? LOL
    I don't know. If it's like the Audiostrobe, then it is an encoded cd that you can play in union with your Proteus. The Cd would play music and run the lights.

Actually while I'm here is there a setting to play a cd and have the Proteus create a light show,purely for entertainment?
    The "AS" setting is for special encoded cds. That's one way.

For regular cds ... Since most cd players don't have an extra output jack, you have to plug the connector into the headphone jack. The problem with doing this is that you have no way to control the mix between the beats and the music. However ... there is a much better way ....

Run the Proteus program (P48 or 49) with just the light frames plugged in. Plug your headphones directly into the cd player, with whatever CD you want .... and blast off! It's really trippy.

Anyway,that's quite enough questions from me, back to my wonderful Little mind machine.
    Glad to hear that you are enjoying your machine!

Marisa

Hi Bobbo,

TurboSonix is a feature from MindGear, the makers of the PR2X, the XELER8OR and the ZEN Master.
    TurboSonix is similar to AudioStrobe, means, that there exist a few specially encoded TurboSonix-CDs, which can be played with the TurboSonix function of these machines.
    Actually, I personally didn't experience much difference between TurboSonix and AudioStrobe, so if you have an AudioStrobe decoder, it should be able to also play TurboSonix-CDs and vice versa. Although I assume, that the filters are set with slightly different parameters - but this doesn't make much difference.

If you want to generate great lightshows to your favourite Music CDs (for example Pink Floyd or any other performer), I can recommend the Mind Explorer SW software (I believe, that you should be able to find a light version of it in the download section of this support site. MindExplorer contains a special module called AS color organ, which automatically encodes any music (you must have it ripped as a wav-file with certain parameters, which are specified in the software) with an intriguing light show. You can set the reaction parameters for the green lights and the red lights individually, which generates fascinating light effects to the music.

I've already encoded some CDs from Pink Ployd, E'Nomine and Rondo Veneziano with it and I really love those. It's rather for entertainment than for entrainment, but it's great!

4. Question Re: TurboSonix

I've been looking for the Mind Explorer Light software and cannot find it. Does anyone know it's location? I would love to add AudioStrobe to Pink Floyd and some other stuff I have!

Blog Entries

Thread Information