Thread: Procyon or not?

1. Default Procyon or not?

I'm really debating on whether or not to buy a Procyon. I have a Proteus (and a Thoughtstream, as well as the old PC-Synergizer), and really like the newer features of the Procyon, but the whole AudioStrobe/SyncroMuse controversy really gives me pause. I used to be an "early adapter" of new technology, but have been burned many times by buying really cool new computer stuff that turned into a deadend.
    Another thing is that I just bought Mind Workstation -- although frankly, I'm really, really amazed that I did it -- it is literally the very first windoze software I've ever, ever paid a cent for, and I've been running computers since 1988. It's just that I find wndoze so utterly revolting, and despise it so much that it's really annoying for me to use it even in a vmware or bochs or wine session just to use the few utilities like the Proteus editor that I have to use. In my mind, linux rules, Macs are great, especially with OS X, and windoze --- uggghhhh!
    But anyway, I bought Mind Workstation, because I became convinced that I could do some really cool things with it. So now I'm really wondering if it will be very useful with the Procyon, and -- given what some are finding to be limitation with the Procyon, whether that machine might be just a deadend, or headed for some serious changes that would make me wish I'd waited awhile to buy it.
    I guess also I'm really wondering just how much can be done with AudioStrobe -- the only experience I've had with it was just the one sampler CD that came with my Proteus, and I'm really not impressed with that. SycroMuse sounds like it has a lot more potential, but I agree with what another poster said -- if you can't compress it and use it with something other than a CD, I have to wonder if it's going very far.
    OTOH, I'm thinking that the digital audio of the Procyon should prove to work much better with the strictly audio aspect of the Mind Workstation, which, after all, is that software's main focus.
    So can the Procyon's own sessions be used to create the visuals, and somehow melded with the audio stuff from Mind Workstation fairly seamlessly?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Procyon or not?

Hi hseaver;

There will be a new OS coming out soon that will address AS issues that people have brought up. We are testing it thoroughly at this moment and hope to release it soon. It will have other small improvements as well so stay tuned.

3. Default Re: Procyon or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Hi hseaver;

There will be a new OS coming out soon that will address AS issues that people have brought up. We are testing it thoroughly at this moment and hope to release it soon. It will have other small improvements as well so stay tuned.
    Well, I decided to bite the bullet and get the Procyon. So I just now ordered one from Ed Courtney at Cerebrex.

Blog Entries

That's great!

Couple more tweaks on this latest OS and hopefully we'll be ready for release soon!

-Andy.

andy, are they addressing the auto-shutoff feature in the new OS?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BibleMan View Post
    andy, are they addressing the auto-shutoff feature in the new OS?
    Yes, that feature has been added. You can select whether or not in the AS and dAS modes to have the Procyon shut off after 80 minutes (to save batteries) or run continuously (until you shut it off or the batteries die)

-Andy.

Yes, that feature has been added. You can select whether or not in the AS and dAS modes to have the Procyon shut off after 80 minutes (to save batteries) or run continuously (until you shut it off or the batteries die)

-Andy.
    What if I'm running a session off the PC?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BibleMan View Post
    What if I'm running a session off the PC?
    In the new OS (coming soon) the auto-off can be enabled or disabled when running from USB power (either connected to your PC or to a USB power supply) or when running from batteries.

-Andy.

In the new OS (coming soon) the auto-off can be enabled or disabled when running from USB power (either connected to your PC or to a USB power supply) or when running from batteries.

-Andy.
    Awesome. Thanks, Andy.

Thread Information