Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SynchroMuse and FLAC?

Default Re: SynchroMuse and FLAC?

Most MP3 players don't have upgradeable firmware supporting other compression systems, so that rules FLAC out
    At least officially. There are CUSTOM firmwares that allow more options. Just Google around.

Custom firmwares are made to add more functionality to your unit.

Examples?:

Custom firmware for Sansa and Ipod, and you will be able to hear flac and a lot more of formats, not available on normal firmware.

But you will not find them on the official product sites.
    Last edited by OmiH; 05-25-2008 at 03:41 AM.

2. Default Re: SynchroMuse and FLAC?

Yeah, check out http://www.rockbox.org/ for instance. Or buy a chap used ipaq. I got my ipaq h2200 on ebay for $75, works great, has both a SD slot and CF slot for unlimited storage space, also has bluetooth, and your can run both the native MS pocketpc on it or several versions of linux. Can also do wifi or ethernet connections to the net.
    Much better than just a mp3 player -- also does all the pocket secretary, calendar, etc stuff.

Blog Entries

Default Re: SynchroMuse and FLAC?

I've just heard some interesting news...

Encoding with the Apple lossless encoder into a ma4-file for the Apple iPod actually works! This means that you can actually play the SynchroMuse Sessions from an iPod! :-) The restriction though is, that the Apple lossless encoder only converts the wav-files into a ma4-file, which can only been played from an iPod.

Thread Information