Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Interesting NLP Videos on You Tube

Blog Entries

Default Re: Mind Ventures

Quote Originally Posted by G-ice View Post
    Certainly. It would be very cool to experience. Have you ever had any experiences with astral travel?
    A couple of brief experiences. The first one was when I was in my teens and someone slipped some LSD into my pop. I had no experience with drugs and so it was all very strange. At one point, I remember looking down at my body from about 20 feet above my body. I was watching myself run through this park - then I went back into my body.

Another time, I was in bed almost asleep and (in my mind?) I went to get out of bed and fell through my floor and had a heck of a time reorienting myself to be able to stand or walk upright.

I've done lots of lucid dreaming where if I don't like how something is going in a dream, I change it and/or sometimes rewind the dream and edit it so things happen the way I want them to. That's not really related to the astral but it's interesting nevertheless.

Back to astral ... I don't recall anything else that is really interesting other than the sensation of myself leaving my body which is sometimes like a rocking sensation and sometimes it's like falling out of your body.

Some relate astral travelling to some types of dreams - and those I have had many.

I would have to say that I have one heck of a strange imagination at times.

I like to think there is some sort of god...If anything just for comfort. Although that's one thing I would like to benefit from brain discipline -not having to rely on a figure when things get bad and instead being able to rely on my own capability.
    I guess it depends on what that belief in God also involves. The spectrum of belief in God goes anywhere from "I believe there is a higher intelligence out there or a creator" to believing in demons, devils, possession, angels and jihad.

I've walked on both sides of the pasture and it's like living in two very different worlds.

If you really think about it ... you really are relying on yourself when things get bad because essentially ... it is your perspective that has to change to make things go well again. God doesn't change you, you change you. You can decide that it's God that inspires you to do something or not ... but in the end, it's still you that has to actually act on that inspiration. Does that make sense?

Speaking of blaming other things ... I recall being at a hypnosis conference and this one guy had a work shop where he believed that evil spirits possessing others were responsible for mental or emotional problems. I didn't attend his workshop ... which is probably a good thing because I'm sure I would have gotten kicked out or exorcised for misbehaving. Anyway, this guy that attended his work shop came up to my booth (I had some AVS machines there to demo) and told me that he was possessed by 17 evil spirits and he said this to me with a straight face. Wow, talk about a party in your head. Some people could really benefit from medication.

Cool. Any idea what channel it will be on? Living in Ireland, I think we only get, like, two American channel's
    It looks like it's on CBS and premeirs on the 22nd. It may be good or it may be really dumb. Time will tell. Which two channels do you get? I wonder what kind of shows you get over there?

M.

2. Default Re: Mind Ventures

Quote Originally Posted by Marisa View Post
    A couple of brief experiences. The first one was when I was in my teens and someone slipped some LSD into my pop. I had no experience with drugs and so it was all very strange. At one point, I remember looking down at my body from about 20 feet above my body. I was watching myself run through this park - then I went back into my body.

Another time, I was in bed almost asleep and (in my mind?) I went to get out of bed and fell through my floor and had a heck of a time reorienting myself to be able to stand or walk upright.

I've done lots of lucid dreaming where if I don't like how something is going in a dream, I change it and/or sometimes rewind the dream and edit it so things happen the way I want them to. That's not really related to the astral but it's interesting nevertheless.

Back to astral ... I don't recall anything else that is really interesting other than the sensation of myself leaving my body which is sometimes like a rocking sensation and sometimes it's like falling out of your body.
    Wow, these are some very cool experiences. A bit unlucky with the LSD, but at least you got a cool trip out of it

When you fell through the floor, did you have trouble standing upright in your dream or your real body? I would be completely disorientated mentally if I experienced something like that! When I was a little younger I got the American dream done (if you don't know what it is I will feel so stupid explaining it ) and I can remember flying through a field. When I awoke I couldnt remember who any of my friends were. It was a terrifying experience :O

That's cool what you can do with lucid dreaming. Would these occur regularly with ease or only when you want to have a lucid dream? Also, what techniques do you use?

Some relate astral travelling to some types of dreams - and those I have had many.
    What else could atral travel be related to?

I would have to say that I have one heck of a strange imagination at times.

I guess it depends on what that belief in God also involves. The spectrum of belief in God goes anywhere from "I believe there is a higher intelligence out there or a creator" to believing in demons, devils, possession, angels and jihad.

I've walked on both sides of the pasture and it's like living in two very different worlds.

If you really think about it ... you really are relying on yourself when things get bad because essentially ... it is your perspective that has to change to make things go well again. God doesn't change you, you change you. You can decide that it's God that inspires you to do something or not ... but in the end, it's still you that has to actually act on that inspiration. Does that make sense?
    I can only imagine.

Yes, I think that makes sense. But the message from the Catholic church (Rep. of Ireland is stongly Catholic) is almost like "have faith in god and whatever your problem may be, he will fix it". I grew up believing this and it is only now that I can stop and think, "Ok, wait a minute.". I've tried getting into Buddhism and to learn how to primarily rely on myself to solve things without delay. Unfortunately, I have had little luck with finding Buddhists in Cork.

I'm beginning to understand what you are saying. I guess I have always seen God as how to solve problems (but this may be the Catholicism).

Speaking of blaming other things ... I recall being at a hypnosis conference and this one guy had a work shop where he believed that evil spirits possessing others were responsible for mental or emotional problems. I didn't attend his workshop ... which is probably a good thing because I'm sure I would have gotten kicked out or exorcised for misbehaving. Anyway, this guy that attended his work shop came up to my booth (I had some AVS machines there to demo) and told me that he was possessed by 17 evil spirits and he said this to me with a straight face. Wow, talk about a party in your head. Some people could really benefit from medication.
    Hahaha! Wow, I hope noone believed him :O

By the way, do you sell alot of AVS machines?

It looks like it's on CBS and premeirs on the 22nd. It may be good or it may be really dumb. Time will tell. Which two channels do you get? I wonder what kind of shows you get over there?
    The 22nd, cool. I'll try to catch an episode on the internet Eh, do you guys have a channel called FX? It might just be a US based channel or something. I'd imagine it would be hard to pick up US channel's from this little island

Well, there are only 4 Irish channel's. One of them is an all Irish channel. Then most people get Sky digital. That's basically the same as ye'r cable (I think it's called... or else satellite maybe?). It's from England but we can get it over here. That has our 4 Irish channel's and about 600 English one's

I've tried ye'r TV when I was in the States last year (again, not sure what it was called). Was very similar to our Sky digital but man was it horrible to use!

Laters,
    Graham
    Is ?ireannaigh m?

Blog Entries

Hi Graham,

I had written you a long and detailed response and then the forum had a problem and I lost it all. Grrrrrr Here's to attempt number 2.

Wow, these are some very cool experiences. A bit unlucky with the LSD, but at least you got a cool trip out of it
    Ya, not the best way for a ASC for sure. Too unpredictable and these days too dangerous.

When you fell through the floor, did you have trouble standing upright in your dream or your real body? I would be completely disorientated mentally if I experienced something like that! When I was a little younger I got the American dream done (if you don't know what it is I will feel so stupid explaining it ) and I can remember flying through a field. When I awoke I couldnt remember who any of my friends were. It was a terrifying experience :O
    Ya, I couldn't get the balance thing happening. It was like, I'd lean to get up and then end up falling over. It was like a cross between being really drunk and not knowing how to walk. It happened in my dream body. It was a strange experience but not scary since I realized I was dreaming.

That's cool what you can do with lucid dreaming. Would these occur regularly with ease or only when you want to have a lucid dream? Also, what techniques do you use?
    Usually when I want to have a lucid dream, I don't so it happens more randomly. One method I learned from good ol Carlos Castenda was to look at your hands in a dream. It's a way of switching to a lucid dream because if you can "consciously" look at your hands, then you can pretty much change other things in your dreams. It's difficult to remember to look at your hands so I try to remind myself to do this while I'm falling asleep and sometimes it works. You need something to trigger you in a dream - to remind yourself that you are in a dream.

What else could atral travel be related to?
    A dream state that seems more crisp or realistic than a regular mind poop dream.

Yes, I think that makes sense. But the message from the Catholic church (Rep. of Ireland is stongly Catholic) is almost like "have faith in god and whatever your problem may be, he will fix it". I grew up believing this and it is only now that I can stop and think, "Ok, wait a minute.". I've tried getting into Buddhism and to learn how to primarily rely on myself to solve things without delay. Unfortunately, I have had little luck with finding Buddhists in Cork.
    What do you say to yourself when God doesn't fix the problem? There are lots of good books on Buddhism, especially Buddhism and mind training. For example: "Training the Mind: and cultivating loving-kindness" by Chogyam Trungpa. Also the Dalai Lama writes good books on the subject as well.

I'm beginning to understand what you are saying. I guess I have always seen God as how to solve problems (but this may be the Catholicism).
    But have you ever seen God solve problems? Perhaps God does not solve what man can do for himself?

By the way, do you sell alot of AVS machines?
    I'm the Canadian Distributor and all Canadian sales have to go through me so ya, I sell a few. Not as many as the U.S. sells but we're gaining more sales every year.

The 22nd, cool. I'll try to catch an episode on the internet Eh, do you guys have a channel called FX? It might just be a US based channel or something. I'd imagine it would be hard to pick up US channel's from this little island
    I hope it's good.

Well, there are only 4 Irish channel's. One of them is an all Irish channel. Then most people get Sky digital. That's basically the same as ye'r cable (I think it's called... or else satellite maybe?). It's from England but we can get it over here. That has our 4 Irish channel's and about 600 English one's
    We have five or six Canadian channels which include a news channel, an educational channel and a couple of regular channels that play mostly U.S. content. Through our cable system, we get the major U.S. channels.

I've tried ye'r TV when I was in the States last year (again, not sure what it was called). Was very similar to our Sky digital but man was it horrible to use!
    I guess American TV is close enough to Canadian TV. Even though we are situatied next door to the U.S., we Canadians are different in subtle cultural ways.

M.

4. Default Re: Mind Ventures

Hi Graham,

I had written you a long and detailed response and then the forum had a problem and I lost it all. Grrrrrr Here's to attempt number 2.
    Similar thing happened me last night... Was literally pressing the submit button when my battery cut out Don't you hate it when that happens?

Anyway, I won't keep it long like the last post. Too much work to be done

I was going to ask you about using an Alpha/Theta visualization session before going to bed. I tried it a couple of nights ago and I had some extremely vivid dreams. Is this normal with Alpha/Theta sessions? I was falling asleep during the session and I remember really feeling weird towards the final few minutes. Have you any idea how the frequencies change in those last moments? I might be able to extend that segment or even try a longer session to see if I get the same feelings. It was session 43 on my Procyon, by the way.

I'm the Canadian Distributor and all Canadian sales have to go through me so ya, I sell a few. Not as many as the U.S. sells but we're gaining more sales every year.
    I was playing with the idea of possibly selling a few of these devises for Mind Place. How many would be the target if I was to look into it? Might be worth finding this out before I do get serious about it.

I guess American TV is close enough to Canadian TV. Even though we are situatied next door to the U.S., we Canadians are different in subtle cultural ways.
    I've actually been planning to live in Canada after school I want to go abroad to become a pilot and Canada is a place that I'm seriously considering.

Later Marisa.

-Graham
    Is ?ireannaigh m?

Blog Entries

Similar thing happened me last night... Was literally pressing the submit button when my battery cut out Don't you hate it when that happens?
    Yup.

I was going to ask you about using an Alpha/Theta visualization session before going to bed. I tried it a couple of nights ago and I had some extremely vivid dreams. Is this normal with Alpha/Theta sessions? I was falling asleep during the session and I remember really feeling weird towards the final few minutes. Have you any idea how the frequencies change in those last moments? I might be able to extend that segment or even try a longer session to see if I get the same feelings. It was session 43 on my Procyon, by the way.
    This is normal because alpha/theta is the state for creative imagination.

I was playing with the idea of possibly selling a few of these devises for Mind Place. How many would be the target if I was to look into it? Might be worth finding this out before I do get serious about it.
    You should send Anji at Mindplace an email. You can tell her that I sent you to her. She's really nice. Her email is anji@mindplace.com.

I've actually been planning to live in Canada after school I want to go abroad to become a pilot and Canada is a place that I'm seriously considering.
    Canada is a fantastic place to live but then I'm biased.

M.

6. Default Re: Mind Ventures

This is normal because alpha/theta is the state for creative imagination.
    Would it be the best session then for dreaming?

You should send Anji at Mindplace an email. You can tell her that I sent you to her. She's really nice. Her email is anji@mindplace.com.
    Excellent, thank you

Canada is a fantastic place to live but then I'm biased.
    Hehehe oh you!
    Is ?ireannaigh m?

Blog Entries

Re: Alpha Theta programs

Would it be the best session then for dreaming?
    I'm not sure. Our sleep cycle is about 90 minutes and during that cycle it goes from Alpha to Theta to Delta and then back up to Theta and maybe a low Alpha, then the next cycle begins if you don't wake up. We normally dream during the lightest cycle in our sleep so that would be theta/low alpha. So dreaming happens naturally - and we always dream. If you don't remember dreams, it's because you went back down into a deeper delta stage. We tend to remember dreams when we wake up at a lighter stage of sleep. It is the deeper delta sleep that allows our body to regenerate and missing out on delta sleep is not a good idea.

I don't know if an Alpha Theta program before going to bed would bring on dreaming any better or quicker than a normal sleep process. I don't think it would do any harm, though you don't want to go too high into Alpha because you do want to fall asleep.

You could try Program 22 (Procyon) just before going to bed. My concern about programs in the "learning" (more alpha based) section (P 1-4) is that they ramp up at the end (to wake the person up and bring them to alertness) and this may cause a person to have problems falling back asleep.

Any of the night voyage programs (P23-27) are okay before going to bed because they focus on Theta and don't ramp up at the end so that you can go on to enjoy a full night of sleep.

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Mentalist

Hi Graham and everyone else.

I watched the Pilot episode of The Mentalist this evening. It was good! It's about a guy that use to pretend he was a psychic and did this using observational skills (mentalist stuff) rather than psychic power. He now works with the police. It's worth seeing.

M.

9. Default Re: Mind Ventures

I'm not sure. Our sleep cycle is about 90 minutes and during that cycle it goes from Alpha to Theta to Delta and then back up to Theta and maybe a low Alpha, then the next cycle begins if you don't wake up. We normally dream during the lightest cycle in our sleep so that would be theta/low alpha. So dreaming happens naturally - and we always dream. If you don't remember dreams, it's because you went back down into a deeper delta stage. We tend to remember dreams when we wake up at a lighter stage of sleep. It is the deeper delta sleep that allows our body to regenerate and missing out on delta sleep is not a good idea.
    Thanks for that bit of info. I'll be sure to stay away from delta sleep.

I don't know if an Alpha Theta program before going to bed would bring on dreaming any better or quicker than a normal sleep process. I don't think it would do any harm, though you don't want to go too high into Alpha because you do want to fall asleep.

You could try Program 22 (Procyon) just before going to bed. My concern about programs in the "learning" (more alpha based) section (P 1-4) is that they ramp up at the end (to wake the person up and bring them to alertness) and this may cause a person to have problems falling back asleep.
    Yeah, I think the visualization session I was using ramped up at the end aswell. But at this stage I was half asleep. It didnt wake me up completely, but kind of made me alert. I thought this could be good for lucid dreaming or astral travel.

I've been able to recall dreams better by using visualization and night voyage sessions, which is definitely progress. The next goal with the AVS is to have a conscious dream. I'm open to any idea's you might have

Any of the night voyage programs (P23-27) are okay before going to bed because they focus on Theta and don't ramp up at the end so that you can go on to enjoy a full night of sleep.
    Yes, definitely. But would it be recommended to only use these sessions when you allow yourself enough sleep?

I watched the Pilot episode of The Mentalist this evening. It was good! It's about a guy that use to pretend he was a psychic and did this using observational skills (mentalist stuff) rather than psychic power. He now works with the police. It's worth seeing.
    That's chill, I'll look out for it for sure

Thanks M.

Graham.
    Is ?ireannaigh m?

Blog Entries

Thanks for that bit of info. I'll be sure to stay away from delta sleep.
    Unless it's night time because you do need your delta sleep.

Yeah, I think the visualization session I was using ramped up at the end aswell. But at this stage I was half asleep. It didnt wake me up completely, but kind of made me alert. I thought this could be good for lucid dreaming or astral travel.
    You'll have to let me know on that one.

I've been able to recall dreams better by using visualization and night voyage sessions, which is definitely progress. The next goal with the AVS is to have a conscious dream. I'm open to any idea's you might have
    That's good to know. A conscious dream would be like a day dream, a lucid dream would be where you have some consciousness because you are aware you are in a dream. That one takes practice so keep at it and let me know how you do.

Yes, definitely. But would it be recommended to only use these sessions when you allow yourself enough sleep?
    I would only use those sessions (night voyage) when you can drift off and have a full nights sleep otherwise you may end up being too groggy afterwards.

M.

Thread Information