Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Interesting NLP Videos on You Tube

Blog Entries

Default Re: Interesting NLP Videos on You Tube

Quote Originally Posted by G-ice View Post
    Would you mind sharing some of the things you can do? I'd love to know
    It's nothing as exciting as levitating, or telekinesis. Mostly the abilities have to do with the mind and creating or altering states of consciousness in myself and/or others.

For myself, I can change my mood or state at will. Which means that I have a choice over what mood I want to be in. I have a choice on how I want to react to any situation or person. I can change any aspect of my personality at will so I'm not stuck in the "that's the way I am" kind of thinking ever. If I notice something about my personality that I no longer find useful, I can change it. So you may say that I'm a work in progress.

Normally, I'm a pretty private person in that I like to keep to my self (my default). I have a couple of really good friends and their company is all that I want. I normally don't go to parties or social events. However, if I want to, I can become an extrovert and be very social and have a great time. No one would ever guess at what my "default" is. It's not putting on an act, it's actually transforming myself into someone who is social and genuinely having a good time. There are a few things that I change to make it happen, and this applies to other states as well, I change my perspective on the event and I find something to be interested in - for example, I decide to be interested in learning more about the people there. The reason I don't choose to stay "social" is because of the amount of energy and time it takes.

I was at a party and they were doing some karaoke, it looked like fun. My normal feeling was to be shy (because I've never sang in public). I decided to challenge myself and see if I could change state enough to sing in public. It took about 15 to 20 minutes and I did it. I belted out a tune and probably shattered a few ear drums in the process. lol

I smoked cigarettes for years and like many others wasn't all that successful at quitting. After some further training, I decided to test what I had learned and haven't had a smoke in 16 years.

I can do pain control (it's basically self hypnosis).

I can invoke ASC (altered states of consciousness) in others and depending on the direction chosen, depends on what they will see, feel or experience. This has many implications and uses.

I've studied the occult for years and can incorporate what I've learned into creating experiences for others and using the symbolic nature of the occult to create changes in others. Okay, that sounds mystical but essentially it's using NLP and symbolism to bring on change or experience.
    I understand how magick works and so I can use that knowledge in practical ways.

Everything that I can do, anyone else can also do. All of it has to do with knowing how to do it and practice.

Criss Angel has studied mentalism and it looks like he is psychic but he's not. I know how to do "cold readings" as well and it looks like I'm doing psychic stuff but it's not.

I saw an episode where Criss Angel was able to find a key for a Viper (car) blindfolded and holding on to someone who knew where the key was. This is kinesiology (sp) and he was able to do this by picking up on subtle clues given involuntarily by the person he was touching. I know how to do this but I'm not any good at it. I haven't practiced it.

Kreskin does similar stuff but I haven't studied stage mentalism and so I can't do the same tricks that they can such as someone writing something on paper and guessing what it is and so forth. These things are tricks - illusionary magic and not real.

M.

2. Default Re: Interesting NLP Videos on You Tube

Quote Originally Posted by Marisa View Post

For myself, I can change my mood or state at will. Which means that I have a choice over what mood I want to be in. I have a choice on how I want to react to any situation or person. I can change any aspect of my personality at will so I'm not stuck in the "that's the way I am" kind of thinking ever. If I notice something about my personality that I no longer find useful, I can change it. So you may say that I'm a work in progress.

Normally, I'm a pretty private person in that I like to keep to my self (my default). I have a couple of really good friends and their company is all that I want. I normally don't go to parties or social events. However, if I want to, I can become an extrovert and be very social and have a great time. No one would ever guess at what my "default" is. It's not putting on an act, it's actually transforming myself into someone who is social and genuinely having a good time. There are a few things that I change to make it happen, and this applies to other states as well, I change my perspective on the event and I find something to be interested in - for example, I decide to be interested in learning more about the people there. The reason I don't choose to stay "social" is because of the amount of energy and time it takes.

I was at a party and they were doing some karaoke, it looked like fun. My normal feeling was to be shy (because I've never sang in public). I decided to challenge myself and see if I could change state enough to sing in public. It took about 15 to 20 minutes and I did it. I belted out a tune and probably shattered a few ear drums in the process. lol

I smoked cigarettes for years and like many others wasn't all that successful at quitting. After some further training, I decided to test what I had learned and haven't had a smoke in 16 years.
    Very cool. Did you learn all this under NLP alone? What if, lets say, you are feeling tired after a long day of work or from not getting enough sleep. Can you change your state of mind to become more energetic?

As far as the changing of personalities goes, that sounds amazing. Like you said, it would work well for being outgoing in parties.

I can do pain control (it's basically self hypnosis).
    Can this apply to a workout session? If you run or work with weights to much? Now, I do realise pain is a sense for defense, but it might be handy in a marathon or other sports event

I can invoke ASC (altered states of consciousness) in others and depending on the direction chosen, depends on what they will see, feel or experience. This has many implications and uses.
    Wow cool. Does this mean you can use this for persuasion in an argument or debate?

I've studied the occult for years and can incorporate what I've learned into creating experiences for others and using the symbolic nature of the occult to create changes in others. Okay, that sounds mystical but essentially it's using NLP and symbolism to bring on change or experience. I understand how magick works and so I can use that knowledge in practical ways.
    Not really sure about this one... Could you give me an example of the things you can do with it?

Criss Angel has studied mentalism and it looks like he is psychic but he's not. I know how to do "cold readings" as well and it looks like I'm doing psychic stuff but it's not.
    Aye, but can you tell me what the lottery numbers for next week will be?

I saw an episode where Criss Angel was able to find a key for a Viper (car) blindfolded and holding on to someone who knew where the key was. This is kinesiology (sp) and he was able to do this by picking up on subtle clues given involuntarily by the person he was touching. I know how to do this but I'm not any good at it. I haven't practiced it.

Kreskin does similar stuff but I haven't studied stage mentalism and so I can't do the same tricks that they can such as someone writing something on paper and guessing what it is and so forth. These things are tricks - illusionary magic and not real.
    I see what you mean. It would be very cool to be able to do a bit of this stuff to show off to friends and family...But I'd imagine the practice would be quite tedious? Unless of course you were to do it for a living like Chris Angel or Kreskin.

It's nothing as exciting as levitating, or telekinesis. Mostly the abilities have to do with the mind and creating or altering states of consciousness in myself and/or others.
    Sounds boring
    Is ?ireannaigh m?

Blog Entries

Very cool. Did you learn all this under NLP alone? What if, lets say, you are feeling tired after a long day of work or from not getting enough sleep. Can you change your state of mind to become more energetic?
    A good portion of it was my NLP and Hypnosis training. I also learned it through studying other mind related things. Many things in "magick" are similar, it's just a different method. For example, when I studied Thelema & Hermetics, a lot of the study had to do with learning how to strengthen the mind. It's similar to what is also taught in buddhism and martial arts training. As you can see ... there are many roads to the palace gates.

Re: Being tired because of lack of sleep. I actually use my Proteus on a regeneration program. You can change your mind and become more energetic up to a point - the key here is to engage in something interesting. I've gone to bed with a really good book and end up reading it until 4am. I'm tired but the book is so good that I stay awake to read it. Motivation.

As far as the changing of personalities goes, that sounds amazing. Like you said, it would work well for being outgoing in parties.
    It does.

Can this apply to a workout session? If you run or work with weights to much? Now, I do realise pain is a sense for defense, but it might be handy in a marathon or other sports event
    Ya, you could do that. You do want to be careful with the pain thing because if you have an injury and use hypnosis to make the pain go away - you can hurt yourself even further.

Wow cool. Does this mean you can use this for persuasion in an argument or debate?
    That and a few other tricks.

Not really sure about this one... Could you give me an example of the things you can do with it?
    Re: Occult knowledge
    Essentially the same things that you can do with hypnosis and NLP, just using a different method.

Aye, but can you tell me what the lottery numbers for next week will be?
    Cold reading has nothing to do with predicting the future and if I could predict the future, I'd have won the lottery by now. Cold reading has to do with telling people all kinds of things about themselves which appear to them as though you are using ESP but you are really using generalizations and getting information from them about them without them knowing you are doing so.

Sounds boring

4. Default Re: Interesting NLP Videos on You Tube

A good portion of it was my NLP and Hypnosis training. I also learned it through studying other mind related things. Many things in "magick" are similar, it's just a different method. For example, when I studied Thelema & Hermetics, a lot of the study had to do with learning how to strengthen the mind. It's similar to what is also taught in buddhism and martial arts training. As you can see ... there are many roads to the palace gates.
    Is it possible to only use one road to speed things up? Or must oneself conquer many roads to find noticeable change? Could I say, do something such as NLP now and rely on that for a while and maybe then look into hypnosis?

Re: Being tired because of lack of sleep. I actually use my Proteus on a regeneration program. You can change your mind and become more energetic up to a point - the key here is to engage in something interesting. I've gone to bed with a really good book and end up reading it until 4am. I'm tired but the book is so good that I stay awake to read it. Motivation.
    What if you must do something that you aren't interested. Is there a way around this such as changing your interests? (similar to the changing of personality during a party)

Ya, you could do that. You do want to be careful with the pain thing because if you have an injury and use hypnosis to make the pain go away - you can hurt yourself even further.
    Yes, absolutely. I really can't see how the likes of Chris Angel can inflict so much and still be ok to continue years down the line.

Re: Occult knowledge
    Essentially the same things that you can do with hypnosis and NLP, just
    using a different method.
    I'll have to look into this

Cold reading has nothing to do with predicting the future and if I could predict the future, I'd have won the lottery by now. Cold reading has to do with telling people all kinds of things about themselves which appear to them as though you are using ESP but you are really using generalizations and getting information from them about them without them knowing you are doing so.
    But with cold readings aside, could Chris Angel be considered a proper physhic (seeing as he was the example from earlier) by getting a premonition? I saw one episode where Angel had a premonition and predicted the lottery. Would this mean he can actually do things that most people cannot?

By the way, that is great inspiration. Thanks for sharing
    Is ?ireannaigh m?

Blog Entries

Is it possible to only use one road to speed things up? Or must oneself conquer many roads to find noticeable change? Could I say, do something such as NLP now and rely on that for a while and maybe then look into hypnosis?
    Sure, I'd say that taking the practitioners course on NLP is a great start.

What if you must do something that you aren't interested. Is there a way around this such as changing your interests? (similar to the changing of personality during a party)
    Interest is a matter of perspective so you can change your perspective and find something interesting or rewarding in the task. Essentially we tell ourselves whether something is rewarding, interesting or worth doing. We also tell ourselves that we are bored and that we don't want to do something.

Yes, absolutely. I really can't see how the likes of Chris Angel can inflict so much and still be ok to continue years down the line.
    MB: We don't know what condition he'll be in years down the line. Usually if you abuse your body it will come back on you at some point.

But with cold readings aside, could Chris Angel be considered a proper physhic (seeing as he was the example from earlier) by getting a premonition? I saw one episode where Angel had a premonition and predicted the lottery. Would this mean he can actually do things that most people cannot?
    MB: No, he's not a psychic. He's even admitted that he's not a psychic. The stuff on his shows is illusion - it's entertainment and it is not real.

By the way, that is great inspiration. Thanks for sharing
    My pleasure.

M.

6. Default Re: Interesting NLP Videos on You Tube

Interest is a matter of perspective so you can change your perspective and find something interesting or rewarding in the task. Essentially we tell ourselves whether something is rewarding, interesting or worth doing. We also tell ourselves that we are bored and that we don't want to do something.
    Thats an inspiring way of putting it Is this an example of the principals with NLP?

MB: We don't know what condition he'll be in years down the line. Usually if you abuse your body it will come back on you at some point.
    Too true. Although, I would have thought that some 3 years after he inflicts 3 million volts of lightening he would feel something

MB: No, he's not a psychic. He's even admitted that he's not a psychic. The stuff on his shows is illusion - it's entertainment and it is not real.
    I'll agree with that but it doesnt explain the premonition. Would that have anything to do with his training or would it be something else?

Another question about the man's practice. What about his levitation? Is this real or an illusion? I know I'm bringing him up in every comment but I'm determined to find the line between real and illusion!

Thanks marisa.

-Graham.
    Is ?ireannaigh m?

Blog Entries

Thats an inspiring way of putting it Is this an example of the principals with NLP?
    Yes

I'll agree with that but it doesnt explain the premonition. Would that have anything to do with his training or would it be something else?
    I didn't see the episode so it's difficult for me to comment. I would have to say it was a trick of some sort.

Another question about the man's practice. What about his levitation? Is this real or an illusion? I know I'm bringing him up in every comment but I'm determined to find the line between real and illusion!
    His levitation is illusion. I have no idea how he does it but I do know it's an illusion.

You brought up a very interesting point - finding the difference between real and illusion. Sometimes the lines can get blurred because someone believes that an illusion is real. I'm not talking just about Criss Angel, I'm talking about all kinds of things we think we see but in reality may be illusion (hallucination). You can never totally trust what you see because of our brain's ability to hallucinate so perfectly.

M.

8. Default Re: Interesting NLP Videos on You Tube

I discovered that my friend's dad is into NLP, so I can hopefully get some contacts from him

You brought up a very interesting point - finding the difference between real and illusion. Sometimes the lines can get blurred because someone believes that an illusion is real. I'm not talking just about Criss Angel, I'm talking about all kinds of things we think we see but in reality may be illusion (hallucination). You can never totally trust what you see because of our brain's ability to hallucinate so perfectly.

M.
    Well put. I understand what your saying. Things such as astral travel. Personally, I find it very hard to believe the person actually leaves their own body. I would be inclined to believe it's, as you put it, merely a hallucination. Not meant by downing the significance of such an experience or anything. Anyway, I just brought this up because I think it's debatable as to which category it can be classified as. Is there anything abnormal that you would, personally, consider to be classified as real instead of illusion? (things like astral travel)
    Is ?ireannaigh m?

Blog Entries

I discovered that my friend's dad is into NLP, so I can hopefully get some contacts from him
    Cool

Well put. I understand what your saying. Things such as astral travel. Personally, I find it very hard to believe the person actually leaves their own body. I would be inclined to believe it's, as you put it, merely a hallucination. Not meant by downing the significance of such an experience or anything.
    One ccould call Astral Travel an "exploration of the inner planes" - and that, takes us to another realm that doesn't need to involve reality while providing a rich experience.

Anyway, I just brought this up because I think it's debatable as to which category it can be classified as. Is there anything abnormal that you would, personally, consider to be classified as real instead of illusion? (things like astral travel)
    If I was religious I'd say "God" but I'm not so I'll say - Not that I know of - but I am hoping one day to be proven wrong.

BTW, there is a new TV show airing in a week or so called "The Mentalist" ... It looks promising.

M.

10. Default Re: Interesting NLP Videos on You Tube

One ccould call Astral Travel an "exploration of the inner planes" - and that, takes us to another realm that doesn't need to involve reality while providing a rich experience.
    Certainly. It would be very cool to experience. Have you ever had any experiences with astral travel?

If I was religious I'd say "God" but I'm not
    I like to think there is some sort of god...If anything just for comfort. Although that's one thing I would like to benefit from brain discipline -not having to rely on a figure when things get bad and instead being able to rely on my own capability.

so I'll say - Not that I know of - but I am hoping one day to be proven wrong.
    There's always hope

BTW, there is a new TV show airing in a week or so called "The Mentalist" ... It looks promising.
    Cool. Any idea what channel it will be on? Living in Ireland, I think we only get, like, two American channel's
    Is ?ireannaigh m?

Thread Information