Thread: journal avs michael hutchinson

1. Default journal avs michael hutchinson

Hello I can copy the songs of the newspaper article AVS Michael Hutchinson my question is what is dangerous delta and theta? thank you for your help .Q: What concerns do you have regarding the AVS industry? A: "One thing that concerns me is the whole problem of hucksterism, wildly exaggerated claims, false advertising, snake oil salesmen, and so on. There is a lot of that going on, and it worries me. For example, one leading manufacturer of psychoacoustic tapes has admitted in court to using false advertising. Amazingly, this manufacturer claims to see nothing wrong with it, and said, "Everybody does it."

Another problem is the possibility of potential harmful effects on the brain. People need to be aware that these devices and these technologies can have powerful effects on the brain. The brain can be a very fragile instrument, and is susceptible to damage, if harmful techniques are used. For example, one neurotechnology product may cause neuronal death, brain damage, and seizures. Also, it's well known that attention deficit disorders, brain trauma, learning disabilities, and various cognitive dysfunctions are directly linked with too much slow brain wave activity, such as delta and slow theta. Yet, we have a lot of psychoacoustic tapes and CDs, electrostim devices, and light and sound machines whose manufacturers are encouraging people to use them to entrain theta and slow delta, when in fact this is the last thing many people need, for this is only going to make their cognitive problems worse. In fact, brain wave entrainment, if used improperly, can create a harmful state, known as hypersynchrony, and negatively affect performance for days

Default Re: journal avs michael hutchinson

Hi,

There's a lot of extreme views on the safety and effectiveness of AVS - the facts lie somewhere in the middle

Audiovisual stimulation has shown itself to be extremely safe under a wide range of conditions. Most products have a disclaimer covering a number of things, including epilepsy, pregnancy, head injury and mental illness. Theta and delta are not recommended in any case of head injury, and they can worsen depression. If you have no diagnosable disorder, then you can safely let your body be your guide and experiment freely.

Cheers,
    Craig

3. Default Re: journal avs michael hutchinson

thank you for your reply I've been pending 10 years of antidepressant for obsessive compulsive disorder for 2 years but now I'm not taking antidepressants and I feel fine. I listen for 3 years hemi sync music CD every day for 3 hours with a helmet and I never u have a problem with these cd hemi sync I suppose the Procyon and better than the cds hemi sync??

Default Re: journal avs michael hutchinson

Already I have been sleeping better leading to increased performance at work. Just the tip of the iceberg I'm sure.

Thread Information