Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Interesting NLP Videos on You Tube

Default Re: Interesting NLP Videos on You Tube

seeing as how the package delivery guy woke me up in the middle of the afternoon (i'm completely nocturnal), the first thing i did with my new procyon was to slam in the batteries and select one of the night voyage settings (#25 or #26 i think) to try to go back to sleep for a couple of hours. my new toy distracted me (look! pretty lights!) and it wasn't until a few minutes into a 2nd session that i drifted off again. but i did have a dream that seemed longer than normal and i remembered it better than usual, so i think marisa has a point.

btw marisa, tarot can go that cold reading one better by picking the symbols out of the person's subconsciousness and, luckily for me, doesn't require any sort of psychic ability (i have none), just a slightly altered state of consciousness to find the correct plane or channel--no more than any other spell calls for.

/guy
    we place no reliance / on virgin or pigeon / our method is science / our aim is religion ~'uncle al' crowley

Blog Entries

Default Re: Best time for lucid dreaming

Hello,

Given that the best dreaming happens in a theta/low alpha state, the best time for lucid dreaming is before you wake up. Delta sleep occurs for approx the first three hours of your sleep cycle, after that the sleep cycle becomes lighter and thus the last half of your sleepy time is the best time for lucid dreaming.

M.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Magick

Quote Originally Posted by gteague View Post
    seeing as how the package delivery guy woke me up in the middle of the afternoon (i'm completely nocturnal), the first thing i did with my new procyon was to slam in the batteries and select one of the night voyage settings (#25 or #26 i think) to try to go back to sleep for a couple of hours. my new toy distracted me (look! pretty lights!) and it wasn't until a few minutes into a 2nd session that i drifted off again. but i did have a dream that seemed longer than normal and i remembered it better than usual, so i think marisa has a point.
    And that point was?

btw marisa, tarot can go that cold reading one better by picking the symbols out of the person's subconsciousness and,
    Are you saying that the tarot can pick the symbols out of the person's subconscious? If so, how exactly would that work? How about the tarot cards drawn are random and the reader, if they are any good, can interpret them in a way that relates to the person in a useful way. And it doesn't matter what cards land where.

The tarot cards are much more useful for pathwork. That is where you use the major arcana and associated path (Qabalah) and then filter everything that happens to you over a period of time (usually a month) through the symbolism of the card and path. You start with the 32 path and make your way up to the 11th path. The process will take two years or more but if done right ... you will be an entirely different person at the end of the journey (in a good way). Do it wrong ... and either nothing happens or you get the crap kicked out of you (figuratively speaking). But that's the thing with magick ... it can be a double edged sword.

The term "Magick" was coined by our good friend Aleister Crowley and it means "an act of will". The reason he came up with the "k" was to distinguish between that which is illusion and that which is real.

luckily for me, doesn't require any sort of psychic ability (i have none), just a slightly altered state of consciousness to find the correct plane or channel--no more than any other spell calls for.
    Ya well, psychic power is one of those magic things. An ASC is magick.

M.

Quote Originally Posted by Marisa View Post
    And that point was?
    i was replying to the posts about dreaming and thought i'd share my one experience

Are you saying that the tarot can pick the symbols out of the person's subconscious? If so, how exactly would that work? How about the tarot cards drawn are random and the reader, if they are any good, can interpret them in a way that relates to the person in a useful way. And it doesn't matter what cards land where.
    i'm a newbie at tarot study, you'd have to ask a real wizard those questions. the way i understand it is that the reader and the seekers combined subconscious influences the draw of the cards by the readers shuffle which pick out the archetypal symbols in both minds. this was karl jungs belief, or so i interpret it.

The tarot cards are much more useful for pathwork. That is where you use the major arcana and associated path (Qabalah) and then filter everything that happens to you over a period of time (usually a month) through the symbolism of the card and path. You start with the 32 path and make your way up to the 11th path. The process will take two years or more but if done right ... you will be an entirely different person at the end of the journey (in a good way). Do it wrong ... and either nothing happens or you get the crap kicked out of you (figuratively speaking). But that's the thing with magick ... it can be a double edged sword.
    the tarot is, thanks to crowley, a condensed encyclopedia of magick. it incorporates the kabalah and astrology and the elementals. and it is very useful for meditation and to predict whether a spell will have a negative outcome. but, as i say, i'm a new student and don't have years of any practical experience.

The term "Magick" was coined by our good friend Aleister Crowley and it means "an act of will". The reason he came up with the "k" was to distinguish between that which is illusion and that which is real.
    absolutely. and you should like my .sig!

Ya well, psychic power is one of those magic things. An ASC is magick.

M.
    what's an asc, if i might ask? [g]

/guy
    we place no reliance / on virgin or pigeon / our method is science / our aim is religion ~'uncle al' crowley

Blog Entries

i was replying to the posts about dreaming and thought i'd share my one experience
    Ah, I see.

i'm a newbie at tarot study, you'd have to ask a real wizard those questions. the way i understand it is that the reader and the seekers combined subconscious influences the draw of the cards by the readers shuffle which pick out the archetypal symbols in both minds. this was karl jungs belief, or so i interpret it.
    I'm not sure I believe in the whole collective unconscious thing. I also don't believe that we can pick anything out of anyone's mind via tarot cards ... there are other ways though.

the tarot is, thanks to crowley, a condensed encyclopedia of magick. it incorporates the kabalah and astrology and the elementals. and it is very useful for meditation and to predict whether a spell will have a negative outcome. but, as i say, i'm a new student and don't have years of any practical experience.
    Here's a hint about Crowley - becareful when you read his work because he liked to screw with people, especially those who tend to believe everything that he writes.

what's an asc, if i might ask? [g]
    Altered State of Consciousness

M.

Ah, I see.

I'm not sure I believe in the whole collective unconscious thing. I also don't believe that we can pick anything out of anyone's mind via tarot cards ... there are other ways though.
    i'm expressing myself badly, i know.

Here's a hint about Crowley - becareful when you read his work because he liked to screw with people, especially those who tend to believe everything that he writes.
    oh, i'm on to uncle al's game, believe me. i picked the quote for my .sig exactly to make that same point to those who realize what you said. he's a hoot. and whatever you think of him otherwise, a magickal genius and a system synthesizer supreme. i personally have not found much use for high magick as of yet so i am only studying crowley in regards to tarot, but who knows what path i may walk in the future?

/guy
    Last edited by gteague; 09-23-2008 at 10:43 PM.

Blog Entries

i'm expressing myself badly, i know.
    That's okay.

i personally have not found much use for high magick as of yet so i am only studying crowley in regards to tarot, but who knows what path i may walk in the future?
    It's an elaborate method of hypnosis. The goal is usually to achieve an ASC. There are, of course, other ways ... such as AVS.

M.

Default Re: Interesting NLP Videos on You Tube

Oh my God

I just realised that I have been performing conversation hypnosis to my friends. No wonder they have had changes in their attitudes, became more confident and made positive life altering decisions after seeking my advice. We are so influencial!

Thread Information