Thread: Cordless AVS heaven..getting there..

1. Default Cordless AVS heaven..getting there..

I hate cords... Theres no gentler way to put it.

In the past some of my audiostrobe sessions utilising CD player, main unit and headphones and glasses plus power supply cords have ended up in such tangles that put the whole lot in a draw for weeks until I found the inspiration to untangle it.

By chance I recently saw a 'bluetooth' wireless stereo set of headphones available new locally for $60. Adding some more velcro along with my MP3 player and I now have crystal clear cordless sound and just a single wire to the glasses, so I'm in Audiostrobe/ AVS heaven. Sound is crystal clear. The bluetooth headphones are Creative SL3100.

In the attached picture you can see the sender unit velcroed to the bottom of the Procyon and the MP3 player on the front. I can also Velcro the blutooth sender to the MP3 player for other use. This is a big step forward in comfort for someone who sometimes falls asleep and wakes up in a tangle !

The cordless idea will be great for shared Audiostrobe sessions with my older Procyon, as the one sender will transmit to any Bluetooth headphones within a 10 meter range.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by synaesthesia; 05-05-2008 at 02:32 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Cordless AVS heaven..getting there..

That's a very cool idea. There are a few companies making Bluetooth headsets with small transmitters now.

Great idea, thanks for sharing!

-Andy.

3. Default Re: Cordless AVS heaven..getting there..

There are other really cool uses...

Plugging the transmitter into the headphone out of my notebook, I can wear the headphones and listen to any of thousands of internet radiostations, helping to block out the noise of some of the machinery I have running here.

If I use a headphone signal splitter on the notebook , I should be able to utilise the bianuaral brainwave programs (using their audiostrobe output ) from PC based AVS programs like Mind Explorer, Brainwave Generator and Neural Programmer: One headphone output to the Bluetooth headphone transmitter and the other to the Aux input of the Procyon /Proteus to drive the lights.

4. Default Re: Cordless AVS heaven..getting there..

I love your idea and thanks for the pictures. I got my Proteus a few weeks ago and feel like I'm going to get strangled in the wires.

You got a great price on those headphones!

5. Default Re: Cordless AVS heaven..getting there..

The deal is still going at Deal Direct ( Australia ):

http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/p/crea...ones-sl3100-1/

I'm getting another set and will the fit the Bluetooth sender permanently to my headphone out on my Hi Fi , and will also then have a spare set of headphones for cordless freedom for two people with my Proteus

I'm not associated with DD, just a happy purchaser of the Creative SL3100..

Default Wireless headphones

I didn't see this posted anywhere in the forum when I searched for it -- wireless headphones.

But I did see a number of people complain -- both in the forum and the Amazon reviews -- about all the wires getting in the way.

So I thought I would add this.

Wireless headphones do work -- not the bluetooth kind, but the home use kind, often using the 2.4Ghz range.

I happened to already own these headphones - http://www.amazon.com/Brookstone-2-4...qid=1419449941. I use a common mini-to-double RCA connector plugged into the Kasina and the charging base and, boom, no more headphone wires...only the one for the glasses to worry about now.

Not sure if this was common knowledge already or not. Hope it helps.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Cordless AVS heaven..getting there..

Hello Shmeltz and Welcome!

There has been discussion about how to reduce the cable mess with the various products, so I thought I'd add your comments to the existing thread.
    Glad to hear you found a good solution.

Happy holidays!
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information