Thread: relationship between LFO frequency and target EEG rate

Default relationship between LFO frequency and target EEG rate

I am new to light-sound machines and am trying to make sense of LFO frequencies listed in the Table of Proteus Sessions and how they relate to the intended aim of the sessions that their names imply,such as relaxation or learning. Am I correct in thinking that in simple terms a pulse rate in the alpha, theta or beta range is used to try and entrain the brain towards that frequency. Can someone help me here?
    Thanks.
    Chris
    http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...occasion14.gif

Blog Entries

Default Re: relationship between LFO frequency and target EEG rate

Hi Chris,

Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    I am new to light-sound machines and am trying to make sense of LFO frequencies listed in the Table of Proteus Sessions and how they relate to the intended aim of the sessions that their names imply,such as relaxation or learning. Am I correct in thinking that in simple terms a pulse rate in the alpha, theta or beta range is used to try and entrain the brain towards that frequency. Can someone help me here?
    Yes, you are correct. The aim of a program is to coax your brain into a particular state.

If you read through some of the messages in some of the other threads, you'll find some further information, charts and links to websites that will give you more insight into the Proteus programs as well as sound and light technology.

I think the most important thing to learn is what the groups of frequencies are and what they do. I've attached a document you may find helpful.

Regards,

M.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information