Thread: Procyon for two users?

Default Procyon for two users?

Is there a way to hook the procyon up for two users?

I was able to try a light and sound machine at a music festival once and the guy who had it had it hooked up for four users. I found the experience to be incredible, so now I want to buy one, but I would like to be able to share my experiences with someone else at the same time.

Also, I found psychedelic imagery to be the best experience on the machine. Is there a particular machine that would be best for this kind of images?

Thanks

Blog Entries

Default Re: Procyon for two users?

Hello and welcome to the community!

Quote Originally Posted by Schwag View Post
    I'm afraid not. I believe some people have been able to hook up 2 sets of lightframes to the Proteus, but there's no way to do that on the Procyon. The easiest way to do this would be to just have 2 Procyons and run the same program on each console.

Also, I found psychedelic imagery to be the best experience on the machine. Is there a particular machine that would be best for this kind of images?
    All the Mindplace light and sound machines I'm sure would give you a lightshow. They all have random modes for entertainment.

-Andy.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Procyon for two users?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Hello and welcome to the community!

All the Mindplace light and sound machines I'm sure would give you a lightshow. They all have random modes for entertainment.

-Andy.
    On the Procyon and Proteus, programs 48 & 49 are awesome for entertainment.

M.

4. Default Re: Procyon for two users?

I was able to try a light and sound machine at a music festival once and the guy who had it had it hooked up for four users. I found the experience to be incredible, so now I want to buy one, but I would like to be able to share my experiences with someone else at the same time. ... ...
    I know of 'expanders' that have been made for running up to 10 units at a time for earlier machines, but have not got around to follow this up for Procyon and Proteus. Will do so now and get back here as soon as possible.

My interest in an 'expander' is to run MindWare sessions for small groups just as you describe your experience at the music festival. Just an intermediate electronics box to distribute the sound and light without losses. Should be easy enough to make given the right high quality components.
    Richard, Hong Kong
    richardhk dot com
    ------------------------

Thread Information