Thread: Use of TM mantra

1. Default Use of TM mantra

Hi, as a relatively new user of Proteus I would like advice on the use of a TM mantra with the programmes, say 9, for example. The mantra is normally repeated at a specific frequency which would seem to conflict with the varying frequencies of this and other programs. Any advice would be appreciated.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Use of TM mantra

Quote Originally Posted by lanfranc View Post
    Hi, as a relatively new user of Proteus I would like advice on the use of a TM mantra with the programmes, say 9, for example. The mantra is normally repeated at a specific frequency which would seem to conflict with the varying frequencies of this and other programs. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Hi Lanfranc,

For meditation you will want to use a theta or alpha/theta based program such as P11-16 (Alpha/Theta), 24 - 27 (Theta). That will coax your brain into a meditative state. I think that your saying the mantra will affect your unconscious more than the brain wave frequency - as long as you are not saying it too fast (which would bring you out of the trance). The key is to say it rhythmically and pace it with your breathing.

I hope this answers your question. If not, ask again.

M.

3. Default Re: Use of TM mantra

Thank you!

Thread Information