Thread: Tables & Lights

1. Default Tables & Lights

Hello,

Please forgive my post if it has already been covered. I did a search and couldn't find what I was looking for. So if it has already been listed, please point me to the right place.

I have been using proteus for about a year now and in the last few months been actively creating my own sessions. I now would like to further enhance them by getting the most from the Tables selection and Maximizing the Sycn between my LED's and the frequencies.

What documentation can I use to further my goal?

Thank you,
    Brett

P.S. My LED's are green & red.
    P.S.S. What would be the recomended colors for operating in the 1-8 frequency range. Primarily 4 - 7.8?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Tables & Lights

Hi Brett;

Are you talking about the sound tables? (i.e. creating your own waveforms)?

-Andy.

3. Default Re: Tables & Lights

Not creating my own but just how and when to use Table choice 1-4. I am un-clear about how each one is used.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Tables & Lights

Hi Brett,

Quote Originally Posted by brett View Post
    Not creating my own but just how and when to use Table choice 1-4. I am un-clear about how each one is used.
    I found this in one of my old email conversations with Robert. I hope it helps:

Sine waves have no harmonic content and tend to elicit following responses at their frequency alone (though this is not always the case, as there appear to be "resonant modes" in the brain).

Pulse waves tend to produce harmonics in the EEG, and in fact both the rising and falling edges of the light pulse produce visual evoked potentials, which could either add or interfere with one another (enhancing or reducing the effective harmonic content).

Pulse waves also evoke crisper visual imagery than sine... I tend to use sine waves in relaxation-related programs, and pulse waveforms for the more energizing ones.

A pulse wave that is on 50% of the time is called a "square wave". (referring to a pulse wave with modulation).

5. Default Re: Tables & Lights

Hi Marisa,

So in relation to the tables, the Editor manual states the 4 types are as follows: 1 = sine, 2 = triangular, 3 = sawtooth and 4 = square.
    What would I use for Pulse?

I am also interested in maximizing the Sync between my Audio pitch and the frequencies. Is there documenation that would help me in that area?

I have been messing around with the editor this weekend and trying the different sound tables.

I am attaching the file that I have been working with so you can see where I am coming from. Any suggestions in relation to the Sound Table to match the Segment to match the LED's would be most welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks again for the help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

6. Default Re: Tables & Lights

Update:

After trying the attachment with all 4 tables, I have emliminated Table 3 as a choice and more than likely Table 4. They were pretty uncomfortable to listen to. In fact during table 3, I just turned it off.

Brett

Thread Information