Thread: CD Creation (sound) Software ...

Default CD Creation (sound) Software ...

I want to create some CD's to go along with the AVS devices. I understand that I can AudioStrobe-encode the finished product, ... or even go the "SychroMuse" route. However, I'm unclear about what "sound (manipulation) software" would be best to use on an Apple Macintosh computer.

Ideally, I'd like to mix a (verbal/voice) "script" with some mood music and some brain-wave (Theta) frequencies. Then do the encoding to optimize for the AVS device. (Procyon, Proteus, etc.)

Any sound software suggestions??

--- Patrick

Blog Entries

Default Re: CD Creation (sound) Software ...

Hi Patrick;

As far as I know, there is no software available for the Mac that will create audiostrobe encoded CDs, and as you know, synchromuse can only be created on a Windows PC.

To create an audio track with a mixture of talking, music and tones, you can use any audio-editing software. Probably a multi-track editor would work best. There's professional suites like CuBase and Logic, but that's overkill for what you're looking to do. Audacity is an open-source (freeware) multi-track editor that would work fine.

-Andy.

3. Default Re: CD Creation (sound) Software ...

The perfect software to do all that generically ( including audiostrobe encoding ) is NeuroProgrammer 2 ( PC) . Most of the interesting software at the grass roots of creativity and freeware/shareware seems to be PC unfortunately . With PC Notebooks going for $500 or so these days it might be a good reason to dabble , though I know the latest Macs with Intel chips will dual boot both Windows and Mac OS

My favorote application for Audiostrobe is the PC Mind Explorer `color organ' which I use to generate an Audiostrobe light show with my favorite ambient CD's.

Mark

Thread Information